The Oberoi, Gurgaon
|The Oberoi, Gurgaon|
|Hotel chain||Oberoi Hotels & Resorts|
|Address||443 Udyog Vihar, Phase V, Gurgaon, Haryana 122,016|
|Opening||12 April 2011|
|Cost||₹4 billion (US$58 million)|
|Number of rooms||202|
|Number of suites||15|
|Number of restaurants||2|
|The Oberoi, Gurgaon|
The Oberoi, Gurgaon is a luxury hotel in Gurgaon, the business hub on the outskirts of capital New Delhi. Owned by Gurgaon-based developers Orbit Resorts the owner is Parkash Singh Badal and managed by The Oberoi Hotels & Resorts chain, it was built at a cost of ₹4 billion (US$58 million) and opened on 13 April 2011 catering mainly to business travellers. The hotel is situated right next to the Trident Hotel property close to NH-8, also under a management contract with Orbit Resorts.
In January 2012, it became the first Indian luxury hotel to be named, "the World's Leading Luxury Hotel for 2011", at the annual 'World Travel Awards', the Oscars of the travel and tourism business. Previously in December 2011, CNNGo named it amongst, "11 Indian hotels to visit in 2012".
The hotel restaurants include the 24-hour multi-cuisine Threesixtyone and Amaranta which serves speciality coastal Indian cuisine. The property also has a bar termed as 'The Piano Bar', a cigar lounge and a spa.
Design and construction
The Oberoi Gurgaon was designed by Singapore-based architects RSP Architects Planner and Engineers Pte. Ltd. and was built in the period of four years by New Delhi-based civil contractors, B.L. Kashyap & Sons in association with glazing contractors URE-Quattro. Other designers for the hotel included PLA of Bangkok (Landscape), Lim Teo Wilkes of Kuala Lumpur (Interiors) and Aurecon Facades of Singapore (Glazing Design). The design for the hotel was shortlisted for the Best Hotel Design in the built projects category at the 2012 edition of the World Architecture Festival held in Singapore.
- "Oberoi opens 5-star hotel in Gurgaon". Business Standard. 13 April 2011.
- "Oberoi group opens property in Gurgaon". The Hindu. 12 April 2011.
- "The Oberoi Gurgaon wins travel 'Oscar' at the World Travel Awards, even as India beats competition to be voted best destination". Daily Mail. 19 January 2012.
- "The Oberoi, Gurgaon is World's Leading Luxury Hotel". Business Standard. 12 January 2012.
- "11 Indian hotels to visit in 2012". CNNGo. 13 December 2011.
- "Is this Delhi's best Presidential Suite?". Conde Nast Traveller. 7 February 2011.