The Peasall Sisters
|The Peasall Sisters|
The Peasall Sisters are a country harmony group formed by three of the six Peasall siblings. They are best known for their singing in the 2000 film O Brother, Where Art Thou?.
The six Peasall siblings were born and raised in White House, Tennessee. Group members include Sarah (alto voice, guitar), Hannah (soprano voice, mandolin), and Leah (tenor voice, violin).
In the 2000 film O Brother, Where Art Thou?, they provided the singing voices for Ulysses Everett McGill's (George Clooney) daughters, the Wharvey Girls. They sang "In the Highways" and "Angel Band."
The Peasall Sisters – Family Harmony DVD was released in 2006, and shows the sisters with their family and singing.
The sisters have released two albums: in 2002, First Offering and in 2005 Home to You, on which they are accompanied by artists such as Randy Scruggs, Larry Perkins, Jamie Hartford, and Leroy Troy.
- Solo albums
- Music films
- 2006: The Peasall Sisters: Family Harmony DVD (Franklin Films)
- Film contributions
- 2000: O Brother, Where Art Thou? (Lost Highway / Mercury) - "In the Highways" (in movie and soubdtrack album); "Angel Band" (in movie, not on soundtrack album)
- 2010: True Grit (2010 film) - "Where No One Stands Alone" (featured in movie and trailer)
- Song contributions
- 2007: various artists - Anchored in Love: A Tribute to June Carter Cash (Dualtone) - track 8, "Road To Kaintuck" (with Billy Bob Thornton)
- 2015: various artists - The Unbroken Circle (The Musical Heritage Of The Carter Family) (Dualtone) - track 3, "On The Sea Of Galilee" (with Emmylou Harris)
- uncredited (22 December 2011). "You shall Hear things, Wonderful to tell". MetaFilter. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Challies, Tim (17 February 2006). "The Peasall Sisters – Family Harmony DVD". Challies. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Rodgers, D. Patrick (28 September 2010). "Nashvillians The Peasall Sisters Featured in Coen Brothers' True Grit Trailer". Nashville Scene. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- staff writer (30 January 2002). "Peasall Sisters' 'First Offering' Is On Their Own Label". Billboard. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- The Advocate - Sep 13, 2005 - Page 77 No. 946 "Home To You The Peasall Sisters (Dual- tone): Sweet-voiced, classic country harmonies from teenage siblings showcased in film O Brother, Where Art Thou? "
- Andrews, Michael (31 August 2005). "The Peasall Sisters - Home to You". Creative Loafing. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
|This article on a band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|