The Performers (play)
|Written by||David West Read|
|Date premiered||November 2012|
|Place premiered||Longacre Theatre|
The Performers is a romantic comedy set during the Adult Film Awards in Las Vegas. Lee, a tabloid journalist, attends to interview his old friend-turned adult film star Mandrew. Lee's fiancee Sara, who is having doubts over her relationship, seeks advice from Mandrew's wife Peeps. When the night takes an unexpected turn and relationships are threatened, adult film stars Chuck Wood and Sundown step in to lend a hand.
After showings were cancelled during previews due to Hurricane Sandy, producers offered "Sandy Special" tickets at discounted prices. Howevever, producers cancelled the play after 23 previews and seven regular performances blaming the effects of the hurricane. 
The show officially closed on November 18, 2012. 
The San Francisco Chronicle praised the cast, which "keeps the show giggling"  with The Hollywood Reporter praising Jackson's and Graynor's performances. However, The New York Times described it as "going to the planet of second-tier sitcoms."  and as "less and less funny as the evening wears on" by The New York Post. 
- Cox, Gordon (August 22, 2012). "Alicia Silverstone back to Broadway". Variety. Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- Gans, Andrew (August 22, 2012). "Alicia Silverstone Will Join Cheyenne Jackson and Henry Winkler in Broadway's The Performers". Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- "Alicia Silverstone Joins Cast of Porn Comedy The Performers, Starring Cheyenne Jackson and Henry Winkler". August 22, 2012. Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- "The Performers Announces Sandy Special for 10/3 & 11/1". BroadwayWorld.com. October 31, 2012. Retrieved November 4, 2012.
- "Broadway comedy 'The Performers' starring Alicia Silverstone goes limp and will close Sunday". The Washington Post. Retrieved November 20, 2012.[dead link]
- Kennedy, Mark (November 14, 2012). "Review: 'The Performers' is sweet despite the porn". The San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved November 20, 2012.
- Rooney, David (November 14, 2012). "Theatre Review: The Performers". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 20, 2012.
- Brantley, Ben (November 14, 2012). "'The Performers,' With Henry Winkler and Cheyenne Jackson". The New York Times. Retrieved November 20, 2012.
- Vincentelli, Elisabeth (November 15, 2012). "XXX 'Performers' flaccid". New York Post. Retrieved November 20, 2012.