The Reason for God
Cover to the Riverhead Trade edition
|Author||Timothy J. Keller|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|Pages||293 pp (first edition)|
The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism deals with objections to Christian belief in Part 1, "The Leap of Doubt". Skeptical authors cited include J.L. Mackie, Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris, and Christopher Hitchens. It invokes critical rationality or critical rationalism at "Intermission" as a method of stating arguments for God and belief in Part 2, "The Reasons for Faith".
In the book, Keller draws from diverse sources, including the Bible, C. S. Lewis, Francis Collins, Alvin Plantinga, Stephen Jay Gould, Rodney Stark,Anne Rice, Annie Dillard, Flannery O'Connor, Jonathan Edwards, Søren Kierkegaard, and N. T. Wright.
The Reasons for God: Conversations on Faith and Life is a recording of Timothy Keller meeting with a group of people over six sessions to address their doubts and objections to Christianity.
- J.L. Mackie, 1982. The Miracle of Theism, Oxford.
- Richard Dawkins, 2006. The God Delusion, Houghton Mifflin.
- Daniel C. Dennett, 2006. Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon, Viking.
- Christopher Hitchens, 2007. God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything, Twelve/Hachette Book Group USA/Warner Books.
- For which a technical usage is found at Critical rationalism.
- Francis S. Collins, 2006. The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief, Free Press.
- "Keller's affinity with Rome - The New Calvinist".
- "Stephen Jay Gould - The Doubting Thomases".
- Rodney Stark, 2003. For the Glory of God: How Monotheism Led to Reformations, Science, Witch-Hunts, and the End of Slavery, Princeton.
- Pratt, Bill (1 July 2011). "Anne Rice on Liberal Jesus Scholars".
- "The Reason For God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism – A critique (Chapter Nine: The Knowledge Of God)". 6 November 2013.
- "Book review: "The Reason for God"". 1 March 2010.
- "An Interview with Timothy Keller - Anthony Sacramone".
- Marvin Olasky, June 28, 2008. "Anti-moralist Christianity," World Magazine. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
- "2009 Christianity Today Book Awards – Apologetics/Evangelism".
- BEST SELLERS: NONFICTION: Sunday, March 23rd 2008 New York Times
- • Talks at Google (2016). "Tim Keller: Making Sense of God: An Invitation to the Skeptical", Keller's discussion, followed by Q&A. Oct. 19.
• Matthew Lee Anderson et al. (2016). Mere Fidelity: with Tim Keller, on ‘Making Sense of God’ podcast interview. December 13.
• Timothy Keller (2016). Making Sense of God: An Invitation to the Skeptical, Viking. ISBN 978-0-525-95415-6
• Publishers Weekly description, Sept. 2016, and book Contents.
• Andrew J. Spencer (2016). "Making Sense of God - A Review," Ethics and Culture blog. Oct. 4. Retrieved 2016-12-20.