||This biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Labels||Fort Mason Entertainment|
The Ringers were a Los Angeles–based rock band. They broke up in 2010; band members Joe Hursley and Patrick Hursley have formed a new band called 'Indians. The Ringers were Joe Hursley (vocals, guitar), Joe Robinson (lead guitar), Joe Stiteler (bass), and Patrick Hursley (drums). They released their second full-length album Headlocks and Highkicks in August 2008, with Dave Cobb producing.
Their first album, "Tokyo Massage III", was released on November 10, 2006. Joe Hursley, also appeared as Maurice in the comedy film Accepted. In the film, the band performed the song "Keepin' Your Head Up" from Tokyo Massage. The Ringers were one of the only unsigned bands to appear on the Accepted film soundtrack.
In April 2008, Joe Hursley played the coiffed, milk powered, faux rock God 'White Gold'. He wields a milk filled 'One Gallon Axe' guitar in the California Milk Processing Board's ad campaign.
The band has also played shows with: New York Dolls, Lily Allen, Valient Thorr, Authority Zero, Supersuckers, Eagles of Death Metal, Semi Precious Weapons, The Architects, Camp Freddy, Bullets and Octane, Nico Vega, and Veruca Salt and many shows with other local LA bands like: Saint Motel, The Binges, Rumspringa, Roses on Her Grave, The Vacation, and Dirty Kings.
- "Oh Well Man" directed by Scott Ludden
- "Tell Me All About It" by Christopher Ashe and Toni Gallagher
of RNDM Creations
- "Rough in the Diamond" directed by John McCauley, Jamspeed Arts
- "Old Man Ron" directed by VIMBY filmmaker Eric Katz. Shot by VIMBY Sr. Producer Eric Thompson / Eric Katz.
- 2008 Headlocks and Highkicks
- 2007 "Apocalypto" Single" (Ft. Mason)
- 2007 Indie 103.1 Check One...Two Compilation
- 2007 Viper Room SXSW Compilation
- 2006 Tokyo Massage III
- 2006 Accepted movie soundtrack
Film and television
- 2008 Vimby.com live performance
- 2008 Hard Breakers film (not yet released)
- Miami Ink: Season 3, episode "Ruthless and Toothless" (TLC)
- Technology Jones, episode "Joe Hursley" (MOJO)
- Rehearsals.com recorded session
- Cingular Wireless commercial
- 2006 "Accepted" (Universal Pictures) [songs: "Keepin' Your Head Up", "Blitzkrieg Bop" (with Justin Long) and "Spotlite"]
- 2011 Balls To The Wall
- Life of Ryan (MTV)
- Next (MTV)
- Parental Control (MTV)
- Rachel Zoe Project (Bravo)
- The Hard Times of RJ Berger (MTV)
- Jersey Shore (MTV)
- SXSW 2006–2008 (Austin, TX)
- Viper Room six-month residency (LA)
- CMJ 2006 and 2007 (NYC)