The Second Supper
Originally created as a satirical newspaper, The Second Supper has since 2007 become more focused on local interest stories. Weekly issues include music, new films, cult classics, and book reviews, as well as Q&A's with established and up and coming musicians such as Hanson, Wes Borland, Killdozer, Julien-K, and Freezepop. Local interest stories and editorial columns take up the main share of content, often sticking to a universal theme for the week's issue.
The Second Supper has had its share of controversy. In 2006, the paper published a satirical piece about former United States Vice President Dick Cheney. For the 2007 Oktoberfest issue, the paper's cover featured a gloved hand emerging from water, in reference to La Crosse's history of river drownings.
- Secondsupper.com | Our History
- Ken Phillips Group Archived 2008-11-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2011-07-16.
- "Killa Satire". The American Spectator. Archived from the original on 7 October 2013. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "Oh, Four Oh Four". Archived from the original on 9 May 2006. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- Second Supper. "ISSUU - Second Supper #133 by Second Supper". Issuu. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "FBI: No serial killer in river drownings - USATODAY.com". Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- The Second Supper
- The Second Supper Facebook
- The Second Supper Myspace
- SECOND SUPPER DIGITAL ARCHIVE
- Mind Inversion
|This Wisconsin-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|