|Origin||New York, New York|
|Genres||Hard rock, glam punk, blues rock|
Rock Candy Records
|Associated acts||L.A. Guns, Faster Pussycat Sweet Pain, The Wildhearts, Smashed Gladys, Angels in Vain|
|Past members||Pete Pagan
The Throbs were a hard rock band from New York City formed in 1988. They featured singer Ronnie Sweetheart, bassist Danny Nordahl, drummer Ronnie Magri and guitarist Roger Ericson. They recorded one album titled The Language of Thieves and Vagabonds produced by Bob Ezrin (Kiss, Alice Cooper, Pink Floyd) and Dick Wagner (Alice Cooper, Lou Reed) in 1991 for Geffen Records. Rock-n-Roll legend, Little Richard makes a special appearance on piano on the track "Ecstasy". The band has was dropped by their label 6 months after the release of the album and failed to continue. After the departures of Sweetheart and Magri, Ericson & Nordahl formed The Vibes.
The album has been reissued by Rock Candy in 2007 with additional liner notes and 2 previously unreleased demo tracks.
- Ronnie Sweetheart was a member/Guitarist of VO5 with former Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach.
- Roger Ericson was a member of Smashed Gladys and can be heard on their 1988 Elektra release Social Intercourse and before that was a member of the cult band Angels in vain.
- Danny Nordahl is now in Faster Pussycat, and was in The Newlydeads with three of his current Faster Pussycat bandmates, and in Motochrist, N-Y loose and Tracii Guns's version of L.A. Guns. He also was one of the passing members of Angels in Vain.
- Ronnie Magri was in the band Sweet Pain (Combat Records 1985) with former L.A. Guns and Faster Pussycat bassist Kelly Nickols. After moving to New Orleans in 1995, Magri has been involved in the Neo-Burlesque scene and worked with Dita Von Teese.
Ronnie Sweetheart- Vocals
Danny Nordahl- Bass, Vocals
Ronnie Magri- Drums
Roger Ericson- Guitar
Pete Trainor- Guitar
Anthony Smedile- Drums
Jeff West- Drums
- The Language of Thieves and Vagabonds - (1991), rereleased (2007)
- "Come Down Sister", (1991)