The Wave (Vejle)
|The Wave in Vejle|
The Wave in Vejle
|Town or city||Vejle|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Henning Larsen Architects|
|Awards and prizes||2010 LEAF Award, 2011 Civic Trust Award|
Bølgen (Danish "The Wave") is a modern residential building complex by the Skyttehus bay in Vejle, Denmark. It is inspired by the Sydney Opera House by Danish architect Jørn Utzon and the hilly landscape around Vejle Fjord.
In 2010 The Wave in Vejle and Henning Larsen Architects won the prestigious architectural prize LEAF Awards in the ’multiple occupancy’ category. The project also won the annual 'Vejle Award' as 2010 Building of the Year. In 2011 the project won at Civic Trust Awards, that was initiated in 1959 in England to honour the best in architecture, design and planning etc.
- "The Wave in Vejle". Bertel Nielsen A/S. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- The Sun SUPER STRUCTURES World’s quirkiest buildings including a structure shaped like the number eight and apartments resembling two giant waves, are showcased in spectacular pictures : The spectacular images show off the unique designs including The Wave building in Vejle, Denmark and the 8 House in Copenhagen.
- "Bølgen i Vejle". www.boelgenvejle.dk. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "The Wave in Vejle - Henning Larsen Architects". www.plusmood.com. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "2011 Award Winners Announced". Civic Trust Foundation. Archived from the original on 2012-03-09. Retrieved 2012-03-20.