The Whodlums headlining at the O2 Academy Newcastle in December 2012.
|Origin||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Associated acts||The Who|
The Whodlums are a tribute band to the The Who based in North East England. Endorsed by The Who's lead singer Roger Daltrey, the band often perform in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust, of which Daltrey is patron. As of June 2012, the band had raised £20,000 for the Trust.
In addition to playing in small venues around North East England, they have headlined at the O2 Academy Newcastle three times, first in September 2010, again in December 2012 then most recently in October 2014. All three concerts were to support the Teenage Cancer Trust's units at the Great North Children’s Hospital at the Royal Victoria Infirmary, and Freeman Hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne. In 2011, they performed at Langford Live, a benefit concert at Langford Court in South West England, with Ocean Colour Scene.
- John Fletcher (lead vocal, harmonica)
- Pete Bell (guitar, backing vocals)
- Andy Dunn (bass, backing vocals)
- Steve Smith (drums)
- Hodgson, Barbara (18 December 2012). "Preview: The Whodlums at Newcastle O2 Academy". The Journal. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- Davies, Katie (1 September 2010). "Roger Daltrey backs Newcastle tribute band". Evening Chronicle (Newcastle upon Tyne). p. 1. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- Wearmouth, Rachel (3 June 2011). "2Toots Scooter Club raising funds for Amble boy Brandon Ballance". The Journal (Newcastle upon Tyne). Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "Cancer Trust volunteer carries Olympic torch". ITV Tyne Tees. 19 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- Davies, Katie (1 September 2010). "Roger Daltrey backs Newcastle tribute band". Evening Chronicle. p. 2. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Tyneside tribute act holds charity gig". Evening Chronicle. 14 December 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Meet the Bands". Langford Live. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- Wright, Tom (8 September 2011). "Ocean Colour Scene to rock Langford Court". Weston, Worle, & Somerset Mercury (Weston-super-Mare: Archant Community Media Ltd.). Retrieved 2012-12-24.