Theodor Hermann Sternberg (January 5, 1878, Berlin - April 18, 1950, Tokyo) was a German legal philosopher serving as a foreign advisor in Meiji period Japan, where he was an important contributor to the development of civil law in Japan.
Sternberg served as an instructor at Tokyo Imperial University from 1913 to 1918. He also lectured on occasion at Meiji University, and other major Japanese universities, speaking on civil law, criminal law and jurisprudence.
- Allgemeine Rechtslehre, 2 Vols. 1904
- Einführung in die Rechtswissenschaft, 1912
- Der Begriff der Philosophie, 1933
- Anna Bartels-Ishikawa: Theodor Sternberg - einer der Begründer des Freirechts in Deutschland und Japan. Duncker & Humboldt, Berlin 1998, ISBN 978-3-428-09228-4 (German)
- Duncker & Humblot - Gesamtverzeichnis - Bartels-Ishikawa, Anna - Theodor Sternberg - at www.duncker-humblot.de (German)
- AISTUGIA Il "diritto libero" di Theodor Sternberg dalla Germania al Giappone del primo Novecento at venus.unive.it (Italian)
- SOCIOLOGIA DEL DIRITTO - Il diritto libero di Theodor Sternberg dalla Germania al Giappone at www.francoangeli.it (Italian)
|This German law related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Japanese law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|