|Look up theory in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Theory is a type of abstract or generalizing thinking, or its result.
Theory may also refer to:
- Literary theory, the systematic study of the nature of literature, or any of a variety of scholarly approaches to reading texts
- Philosophical theory, a position that explains or accounts for a general philosophy or specific branch of philosophy
- Scientific theory, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world
- Theory, a type of argument in policy debate and Lincoln–Douglas debate
- Theory (chess), consensus and literature on how the game should be played
- Theory (clothing retailer), a New York-based fashion label
- Theory (mathematical logic), a set of sentences (theorems) in a formal language
- Theory (poem), a poem from Wallace Stevens's first book of poetry, Harmonium, published in 1917
- Theory (restaurant), an American cuisine restaurant in Portland, Oregon
- Ki:Theory, the American recording artist and producer Joel Burleson
- List of notable theories
- Theoria, theological contemplation
- In Theory (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "theory"
- All pages with a title containing theory
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Theory.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.