Thoggen main window
0.7.1 / 12 June 2008
|License||GNU General Public License|
Thoggen is designed to be easy and straightforward to use. It attempts to hide the complexity many other transcoding tools expose and tries to offer sensible defaults that work well for most people most of the time.
- Encodes into Ogg/Theora video
- Based on the GStreamer multimedia framework
- Supports title preview, picture cropping and resizing.
- Language Selection for audio track
- Can encode from local directory with video DVD files
- Thoggen is slow.
The Theora implementation used is far from optimized, and at full DVD resolution, encoding can slow down to the single-digit frames-per-second count, meaning several hours are required."
- Thoggen can only encode video into the Theora codec. But since the software is based on the GStreamer multimedia framework, it is fairly easy to add additional encoding formats/codecs in future versions.
- Thoggen includes a feature to "make video certain quality". However, the numerics to choose from (ranging from 0 to 63) for the encoding process are less-than-obvious to interpret for users.
- Subtitles are not yet supported
|This GNOME-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This free and open-source software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This multimedia software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|