Thomas Barlow (British businessman)
Barlow was the second son of the royal physician Sir Thomas Barlow, 1st Baronet, and his wife Ada Dalmahoy. His brother was Alan Barlow, 2nd Bt. He was educated at Marlborough College and Trinity College, Cambridge.
He married Esther Sophia Gaselee on 15 February 1911, and they had three children:
- Theodora Gertrude Barlow (born 21 February 1912)
- Penelope Sophia Barlow (10 April 1914, -1995)
- Basil Stephen Barlow (15 February 1918 - 1991)
He was made Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 1934 and promoted to Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire in 1946.
- ‘BARLOW, Sir Thomas Dalmahoy’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007 accessed 7 March 2013
- Gordon Russell, ‘Barlow, Sir Thomas Dalmahoy (1883–1964)’, rev. Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004 accessed 7 March 2013
|This article about a British businessperson born in the 1880s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|