Thruster T600 Sprint
|National origin||United Kingdom|
|Manufacturer||Thruster Air Services|
|Status||In production (2012)|
£30,000 (assembled, 2011)
The Thruster T600 Sprint is a British ultralight aircraft, designed and produced by Thruster Air Services of Langworth, Lincolnshire and introduced in the mid-1990s. The aircraft is supplied as a complete ready-to-fly-aircraft.
Design and development
The aircraft complies with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules and UK certified under BCAR Section "S". It features a strut-braced high-wing, a two-seats-in-side-by-side configuration enclosed cockpit accessed via doors, fixed tricycle landing gear or conventional landing gear and a single engine in tractor configuration.
The aircraft is made from bolted-together aluminum tubing, with its flying surfaces covered in treated Dacron sailcloth and a fibreglass cockpit fairing. Fittings and mounts are 316 stainless steel and 4130 steel. Its 9.60 m (31.5 ft) span wing has an area of 15.70 m2 (169.0 sq ft) and flaps. The engine is mounted on the keel tube, above the cockpit. Standard engines available are the 64 hp (48 kW) Rotax 582 two-stroke and the 85 hp (63 kW) Jabiru 2200 four-stroke powerplant.
Specifications (T600 Sprint)
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 5.8 m (19 ft 0 in)
- Wingspan: 9.6 m (31 ft 6 in)
- Height: 2.4 m (7 ft 10 in)
- Wing area: 15.70 m2 (169.0 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 197 kg (434 lb)
- Gross weight: 450 kg (992 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 50 litres (11 imp gal; 13 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 582 two cylinder, liquid-cooled, two stroke aircraft engine with "E" gearbox, 48 kW (64 hp)
- Propellers: 2-bladed Warp Drive Inc composite
- Maximum speed: 140 km/h (87 mph; 76 kn)
- Cruise speed: 105 km/h (65 mph; 57 kn)
- Stall speed: 59 km/h (37 mph; 32 kn)
- Rate of climb: 4.5 m/s (890 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 28.67 kg/m2 (5.87 lb/sq ft)
- Similar aircraft
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 81. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, page 84. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X
- Thruster Air Services (n.d.). "Thruster T600 Sprint - 450kg Standard Specifications". Retrieved 9 September 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thruster T600 Sprint.|