|Born||June 13, 1977|
El Paso, Texas, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Phoenix (BS, MBA, DM)|
|Occupation||Diversity Consultant, Author|
Tiffany Jana (born June 13, 1977) is the founder of TMI Consulting Incorporated, a diversity and inclusion management consulting firm founded in 2003 and headquartered in Richmond, Virginia. TMI Consulting is a benefit corporation as well as a certified B Corporation and earned the 2016 Best for the World honor from the nonprofit B Lab that certifies B Corps worldwide.
Jana is the co-author, with Matthew Freeman, of Overcoming Bias: Building Authentic Relationships across Differences (2016, Berrett-Koehler), as well as co-author, with Ashley Diaz Mejias, of Erasing Institutional Bias: How to Create Systemic Change for Organizational Inclusion (2018, Berrett-Koehler). The former received an endorsement from 2016 Vice-Presidential candidate Tim Kaine. TMI consulting is featured in The B Corp Handbook: How to Use Business as a Force for Good by Ryan Honeyman and, more recently, Jana has become the co-author, with Honeyman, of the second edition of The B Corp Handbook (2019, Berrett-Koehler). Dr. Jana helped rewrite the new edition from a perspective of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Launched April 23, 2019, the second edition was an instant best-seller on Amazon, hitting #1 in New Release in Green Business, #3 in Green Business overall, and #8 in Corporate Governance on the first day (and improving those positions on day two to #1 in Green Business, #1 in Corporate Governance, and #3 in Environmental Economics). In December 2012, Jana gave a talk as part of TEDxRVAWomen. In 2013, Jana was a winner of both the Style Weekly Top 40 Under 40 award and the Women Worth Watching award from Diversity Journal. In 2017, Jana was one of the winners of the 2017 Enterprising Women of the Year Award from Enterprising Women magazine.
Jana is an international public speaker, having provided the keynote address for the 2015 Hong Kong Social Enterprise Summit, and the Dialogues for Change in several German cities including Berlin, Leipzig, Ludwigsburg, and Bottrop. They participated on a panel as part of Adweek's 2016 Adweek New York conference at Thomson Reuters featuring her book. In August, 2015, Jana was appointed for a 5-year term by the Governor of Virginia, Terry McAuliffe to the Board of Trustees of the Science Museum of Virginia. On November 11, 2016, Mayor-elect of Richmond, VA, Levar Stoney named Jana as co-chair (with lobbyist and former gubernatorial aide Bill Leighty) of his transition team. Jana was appointed to a four-year term on the Board of Directors of the Richmond Economic Development Authority on January 9, 2017 and was subsequently named one of Inc. magazine's Top 100 Leadership Speakers for 2018. Dr. Jana was appointed to the Virginia 2020 Census Complete Count Commission by Governor Ralph Northam in January 2019.
- "Richmond-based TMI Consulting named Best for the World". Progress-index.com. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "The List – Best for the World". Bftw.bthechange.com. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- Jana, Tiffany; Freeman, Matthew (1 November 2016). "Overcoming Bias: Building Authentic Relationships across Differences". Berrett-Koehler Publishers – via Amazon.
- "TMI Consulting | B Corporation". bcorporation.net. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Tiffany Jana, 36 | 2013 Top 40 Under 40 | Style Weekly - Richmond, VA local news, arts, and events". Style Weekly. 2013-10-15. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "Classes 2013". Women Worth Watching. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "Tiffany Jana". Women Worth Watching. 2013-09-07. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "2017 Enterprising Women of the Year Award Winners". Enterprising Women. Retrieved 2017-06-01.,
- "Ms. Tiffany Jana - Social Enterprise Summit 社企民間高峰會". Ses.org.hk. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "U.S. and German Cities for Sustainable Urban Development | The German Marshall Fund of the United States". Gmfus.org. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "Breakout Brief : Dialogue for Change : Talking about Equity and Inclusion" (PDF). Gmfus.org. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "Dialogues for Change Final Workshop | The German Marshall Fund of the United States". Gmfus.org. 2015-03-23. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "Advertising Week - New York [Sep 26 - 30 ] / Speakers". Newyork.advertisingweek.com. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "Governor - Newsroom". Governor.virginia.gov. 2015-08-28. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "Richmond Times Dispatch [Friday, Nov 11, 2016]". www.richmond.com. Retrieved 2016-11-12.
- Kruse, Kevin (Jan 11, 2018). "The Top 100 Leadership Speakers for 2018". Inc.com. Retrieved Aug 17, 2019.
- "Governor Northam Issues Executive Order Creating 'Virginia Complete Count Commission'". www.governor.virginia.gov. Retrieved Oct 6, 2019.