22 June 1978|
Antwerp, Herentals, Belgium
|Occupation||Actor, Musical Theatre Performer, Singer-Songwriter, Composer, Dancer, Pianist|
Tim Driesen (born 22 June 1978) is a Belgian actor, notable for roles in both musicals, plays, and television serials. He has composed a full-scale musical as well as a number of pop-songs. In 2007, he created the role of Adrian Banks (a character based on pop-star Mark Owen) in the Take That musical, Never Forget. Take That member Gary Barlow, who wrote the majority of the production's musical numbers, said jokingly of the cast: "I'm just worried that they're better than us". When the musical opened, Driesen appeared with fellow cast members Dean Chisnall, Craig Els, Stephane Anelli, Eaton James and Nancy Sullivan on ITV's GMTV performing the show's title song, "Never Forget". He also appeared in the UK tour of Starlight Express. In 1991, Driesen appeared in the television series, The Bubbles.
He is also noted for his voice-over work in televised commercials.
His musical 'My Super Girlfriend' (previously known as 'Super Alice Smith') has been workshopped and showcased and is currently being readied for its first run of performances.
Tim has just finished playing Joey Primo in Rock of Ages in London's West End. He also regularly stood in for the lead every Monday as well as playing understudy and regularly performing as Stacee Jaxx.
Tim is currently playing the lead in Jersey Boys in the Netherlands in which he plays the lead character Frankie Valli when the show starts in September. The cast performed at Musical Sing-A-Long on Dutch TV in September 2013.
Originally from Belgium, Driesen is based in London in the UK. He trained at Laine Theatre Arts college in Epsom. Driesen was a member of a professional pop duo with Vicky Hughes, 'Junction 9', from 2003-2004. During his run in Never Forget, an interview with him appeared in his biography/credits on the musical's official website.
- Joey Primo U/S Stacee Jaxx, Drew* Rock of Ages (Garrick theatre)
- Young Ken Barlow in Street of Dreams (musical) UK & Ireland
- Alternate Phoebus/Gringoire in Notre-Dame de Paris (musical) Asian Tour
- Galileo in We Will Rock You (musical) (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Phoebus in Notre-Dame de Paris (musical) Antwerp & Ghent, Belgium
- Adrian Banks/Mark Owen in Never Forget (2007 UK tour and original West End run.)
- Joseph in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- Mark in Rent
- Nintendo, and understudy to Rusty the Steam Engine (played by actor Oliver Thornton), Caboose and Flat-Top the Brick Truck in Starlight Express  (2006 UK tour.)
- Father Alexander and understudy to Eddy in Mamma Mia! (West End.)
- Mephistopheles Smith in Mephistopheles Smith
- Donny Osmond and David Cassidy in Thank You for the Music
- Riff Raff and Rocky in The Rocky Horror Show
- Bat Boy: The Musical (frequently playing the title role)
- Narrator in Glory Hallelujah 2000 (Belgian Production.)
- Demetrius in A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Robot Three Six in The Lost Christmas a musical by Laurence Mark Wythe
- Jim in Jet Set Go! a musical by Jake Brunger and Pippa Cleary
- Jack in Jack and the Beanstalk (York, England, 2009)
- Behind the Musical: The Making of Never Forget
- The Bubbles (1991 TV series)
- This Morning
- Loose Women
- Idols 2004 (performed 'Breathe Easy')
- Never Forget original cast CD, singing the role of Adrian Banks/Mark Owen
- Mephistophles Smith EP
- Belgian Soldier, Castle Video's
- Glory Hallelujah 2000 revival cast CD
- The Bubbles
- "I'm Movin' On" (2006)
- "Love on the Line"
- "Better Than It Used to Be" (Junction 9, 2004)
- "Between You and Me" (Junction 9, 2003)
- "Small Town Girl" (from My Super Girlfriend) 
- '"It's All Cliché" (from My Super Girlfriend) 
- "My Super Girlfriend" (from My Super Girlfriend) 
- "Evil Has Many Faces" (from My Super Girlfriend) 
- Party at the Palace for the Golden Jubilee of Elizabeth II
- Sing with a Star
- Oxford Street's Christmas Lights Ceremony
- Tim Driesen's official website
- Tim Driesen at the Internet Movie Database
- Official 'My Super Girlfriend' website
- "Cast list". Never Forget programme. 2007.
- Gary Barlow backs 'Never Forget' musical
- Never Forget on GMTV at YouTube
- Jersey Boys Netherlands cast perform on Dutch TV
- Article on Never Forget the Musical with details on the original cast
- Interview with Tim Driesen, star of 'Rent: The Musical'
- Starlight Express 2006 Cast at the Really Useful Group official website
- "Cast List and Credits". Starlight Express programme: 15. 2006.
- Tim Driesen as Jack in 'Jack and the Beanstalk'
- Tim Driesen in 'Jack and the Beanstalk' performing 'Go the Distance'
- Behind the Musical: The Making of Never Forget at YouTube
- Tim Driesen's televsision work at the Internet Movie Database
- Tim Driesen's televsision appearances at the Internet Movie Database
- Never Forget DVD and box cover, featuring Driesen (centre) and other cast members
- Never Forget DVD at YouTube
- Tim Driesen - I'm Movin' On - Soundclip
- Tim Driesen - Love on the Line - Soundclip
- Tim Driesen and Vicky Hughes - Better Than It Used To Be - Soundclip
- Tim Driesen and Vicky Hughes - Between You and Me - Soundclip
- - Small Town Girl - Soundclip
- - It's All Cliché - Soundclip
- - My Super Girlfriend - Sounclip
- - Evil Has Many Faces - Soundclip