|Occupation||Professor of English|
Old Dominion University
|Alma mater||Southern Methodist University;|
Vermont College of Fine Arts
Tim Seibles (born 1955) is an American poet, professor and the former Poet Laureate of Virginia. He is the author of five collections of poetry, most recently, Fast Animal (Etruscan Press, 2012). His honors include an Open Voice Award and fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Provincetown Fine Arts Work Center. In 2012 he was nominated for a National Book Award, for Fast Animal.
His poems have been published in literary journals and magazines including Callaloo, The Kenyon Review, Indiana Review, Ploughshares, Electronic Poetry Review, Rattle, and in anthologies including Verse & Universe: Poems About Science and Mathematics (Milkweed Editions, 1998) and New American Poets in the 90’s (David R. Godine, 1991).
Seibles was a professor of English at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia.
Seibles was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and earned his B.A. from Southern Methodist University in 1977. He remained in Dallas after graduating and taught high school English for ten years. He received his M.F.A. from Vermont College of Fine Arts in 1990. He is a professor of English and creative writing at Old Dominion University, as well as teaching in the Stonecoast MFA Program in Creative Writing and teaching workshops for Cave Canem Foundation. He has a son, Cade Seibles. He lives in Norfolk, Virginia.
Full-length poetry collections
- One Turn Around the Sun(Etruscan Press, 2017) ISBN 9780990322184
- Fast Animal (Etruscan Press, 2012) ISBN 9780983294429
- Buffalo Head Solos (Cleveland State University Poetry Center, 2004) ISBN 9781880834640
- Hammerlock (Cleveland State University Poetry Center, 1999) ISBN 9781880834459
- Hurdy-Gurdy (Cleveland State University Poetry Center, 1992) ISBN 9780914946984
- Body Moves (Corona Press, 1988); Carnegie Mellon University Press, 2012, ISBN 9780887485596
- Ten Miles an Hour, Mille Grazie Press, 1998, ISBN 9781890887056
- Kerosene (Ampersand Press, 1995) ISBN 9780935331165
- Ghost Fishing: An Eco-Justice Poetry Anthology (University of Georgia Press, 2018) ISBN 9780820353159
- "Poet Laureate of Virginia Information Page". Poetry Society of Virginia. Archived from the original on 28 July 2017. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- "The Poetry Center at Smith College — Poets and Poetry". Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "Tim Seibles, Fast Animal - National Book Award Poetry Finalist, The National Book Foundation". Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Electronic Poetry Review Tim Seibles Contributions
- USM > Stonecoast MFA in Creative Writing Faculty > Tim Seibles Bio Archived 2008-08-29 at the Wayback Machine
- "Read By Author - Ploughshares". Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Cave Canem > Summer Workshop Faculty Archived 2009-06-04 at the Wayback Machine
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tim Seibles.|
- Poet Profile: Ploughshares > Authors & Articles > Spring 1995 > Tim Seibles, Contributor Spotlight by Don Lee
- Interview: Poem of the Week > An Interview with Tim Seibles > by Andrew McFadyen-Ketchum
- Review: Bookslut February 2005 > Review by Joey Rubin of Buffalo Head Solos by Tim Seibles
- Audio: NPR > June 12, 2009 > 2003 Sunken Garden Poetry Festival > Tim Seibles Reads Fearless
- Author Page: CSU Poetry Center > Tim Seibles > Buffalo Head Solos
- Tim Seibles' Faculty Page at Old Dominion University
- Tim Seibles - Facebook Author's page