Timothy M. Chan
Timothy Moon-Yew Chan is a Founder Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign. He was formerly Professor and University Research Chair in the David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Canada.
He graduated with BA (summa cum laude) from Rice University in 1992, and completed his Ph.D. in Computer Science at UBC in 1995 at the age of 19. His late mother, Miu Yung Chan, was a molecular physicist with a Ph.D. from Ohio State University.
He is currently an associate editor for SIAM Journal on Computing and the International Journal of Computational Geometry and Applications. He is also a member of the editorial board of Algorithmica, Discrete & Computational Geometry, and Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications.
He was awarded the Governor General's Gold Medal (as Head of Graduating Class in the Faculty of Graduate Studies at the University of British Columbia during convocation), the NSERC doctoral prize, and the Premier's Research Excellence Award (PREA) of Ontario, Canada.
- Two CS faculty among five new Founder professors, U. Illinois, retrieved January 18, 2017.
- Award winning professors and graduate students, U. Waterloo, Faculty of Mathematics, retrieved January 16, 2009.
-  SIAM Journal on Computing (SICOMP) Editorial Board, retrieved November 8, 2017
-  International Journal of Computational Geometry Editorial Board, retrieved April 24, 2010.
-  Algorithmica Editorial Board, retrieved April 24, 2010.
-  Discrete & Computational Geometry Editorial Board, retrieved April 24, 2010.
-  Computational Geometry:Theory and Applications Editorial Board, retrieved April 24, 2010.
-  Publications listed in DBLP: Timothy M. Chan, retrieved August 17, 2010.
- 1997 Doctoral Prize: Dr. Timothy Moon-Yew Chan. NSERC, June 11, 2006. Web page retrieved January 10, 2009.
- 2019 ACM Fellows Recognized for Far-Reaching Accomplishments that Define the Digital Age, Association for Computing Machinery, retrieved 2019-12-11
- Chan's web site at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign