From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the r&b singer, see Teena Marie.
|This article does not cite any sources. (October 2008)|
"Teena Marie" is a popular song. It was written by Bob Merrill and was published in 1955. This record reached position #5 on the Billboard chart. On June 21, 1955, Perry Como recorded the song. This recording was released on a number of singles:
- In the United States, by RCA Victor Records, as a 78rpm single (catalog number 20-6192), and a 45 rpm single (catalog number 47-6192), with the flip side "Fooled."
- In the United States, as a children's record by RCA Victor Records, as a 78rpm single (catalog number BY-50), and a 45 rpm single (catalog number WBY-50), with the flip side "Round and Round," part of the Children's Bluebird Series
- In Belgium, by RCA as a single (catalog number 18313), with the flip side "Fooled."
- In the United Kingdom, by HMV, in October 1955, as a 78rpm single (catalog number POP-103), with the flip side Home for the Holidays. This record reached position #24 on the UK chart. (A pirate version was issued by HMV as a 45rpm single under the catalog number 7M-326.)
- In Australia, The Book - Top 40 Research, 7th edition compliled by Barnes & Scanes, gives that Teena Marie was never released as a single in Australia. The same publication then goes on to show Tina Marie achieving Number 8 on the Australian music charts on January 21, 1956.