This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. The reason given is: at august 2012, there were some "external links" that were removed some time back and placed on the article's talk page. they could perhaps fill in some gaps.. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
October 10, 1968|
|Residence||Brooklyn, New York|
|Occupation||Writer and voice actor|
Todd Hanson is an American writer and voice actor, notable for his work as a writer and editor at the parody newspaper The Onion. He also voices the character Dan Halen on the Adult Swim program Squidbillies.
Todd Hanson briefly attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1986 and soon dropped out. He remained in Madison and began working a series of menial jobs. Eventually Hanson began drawing a semi-autobiographical cartoon entitled 'Badgers and Other Animals' which was published regularly in the Daily Cardinal, a university student newspaper. Hanson was working as a dishwasher, when he first started as a writer and cartoonist at The Onion. He wrote an article in The Onion that was optioned as a movie by DreamWorks and co-wrote the comedy film The Onion Movie (2008), which he has since disowned.
Todd was an ensemble member in  the Ark Improvisational Theater in Madison, Wisconsin from 1987-88. He voices the character Dan Halen on Squidbillies. He made three guest appearances in the episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force called Interfection, Hypno-Germ and Last Dance for Napkin Lad. He is also on the commentary for Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters in which he stated that he is a big fan of the show. The commentary also states that he came up with the Chicken Bittle character which was rejected to be an Aqua Teen for several years.
Filmography and television work
- Space Ghost Coast to Coast (1 episode, 2003; writer)
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force (3 episodes, 2002–2011)
- The Aristocrats (2005) Himself (staff of The Onion)
- The Onion Movie (2008; writer)
- Squidbillies (10 episodes, 2005–2008)
- Ape Trouble (2009; video)
- Something Extremely Important (2009)
- The People vs. George Lucas (2010)
- Hoffmann, Leah (May 23, 2006). "First Job: Todd Hanson". Forbes. Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- Fierman, Daniel (October 10, 2000). "Web Masters – The Site's Creators Tell EW that It's Just the Beginning of Mass Commodification". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- "WTF with Marc Maron Podcast Episode 190". Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on November 2, 2013. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- "The Moth Presents Todd Hanson: The Triumph of Apathy" (video; requires Adobe Flash). The Moth's channel on YouTube. Uploaded April 21, 2011. Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- "WTF with Marc Maron Podcast – Episode 190 – Todd Hanson". Wtfpod.com. July 7, 2011. Retrieved October 4, 2012.