|Member of the Montana Senate
from the 48th district
August 28, 2010
|Born||March 30, 1954 (age 62)
|Alma mater||University of Montana|
Tom Facey is a Democratic member of the Montana Legislature. He was elected for Senate District 48, representing the Missoula, Montana area, in 2010. He previously served in the House of Representatives. As of 2016 Facey has been the primary sponsor of 47 bills.
Facey served as a Minority Whip in the Senate during the 2015-2016 session.
In 2011 Facey was the primary sponsor of SB 276 intended to "generally revise deviate sexual conduct laws." More specifically, the bill seeks to bring Montana in line with the Supreme Court ruling that "the law that criminalizes homosexual acts is unconstitutional." The bill was tabled in a House committee.
- Montana Legislature. "TOM FACEY (D)". Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- "Tom Facey". Open States. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "64th session leaders". Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- Detailed Bill Information. "SB 276". Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- Montana Capitol Report. "Homophobia Rears its Ugly Head". Retrieved 5 April 2011.