June 24, 1958 |
La Crosse, Wisconsin
|April 14, 1985, for the Minnesota Twins|
|Last MLB appearance|
|May 21, 1985, for the Minnesota Twins|
|Earned run average||6.75|
Thomas Carl Klawitter (born June 24, 1958) is a former professional baseball pitcher. He played part of 1985 in Major League Baseball for the Minnesota Twins. He appeared in seven games, including two starts, without a decision.
Klawitter was a physical education teacher at Parker High School in Janesville, Wisconsin for 29 years, until his retirement in June 2015. He has also been a coach or assistant coach at the high school level. He was the head varsity girls' basketball coach at Parker for 26 seasons, guiding his teams to 16 conference titles, 12 state appearances, and 3 state championships. He was the AP state coach of the year for the 1992-93 season. Klawitter ranks fifth in number of wins for Wisconsin high school girls' basketball coaches (as of the 2014-15 season), with a 564-128 record.
Klawitter has been hired as an assistant with the UW-Whitewater baseball team, where he will work with the pitching staff. He had previously been an assistant with both Janesville Parker's and Janesville Craig's high school baseball teams.
Klawitter was inducted into the Wisconsin State League, (also known as the Wisconsin State Baseball League), in 2007.
- Jon Masson (July 12, 2015). "Prep girls basketball: Jennah Hartwig to replace Tom Klawitter as Janesville Parker's coach". Host.madison.com. Retrieved 2016-01-31.
- Eric Schmoldt (January 31, 2016). "Klawitter joins UW-Whitewater baseball staff". GazetteXtra. Retrieved 2016-01-31.
- "WBCA, Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association". Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association. 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-31.
- "Hall of Fame". Wisconsin State League. 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-31.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|