|Born||July 11, 1954
|Alma mater||Politechnika Gdańska|
|Doctoral advisor||Witold Lipski|
|Doctoral students||Anthony Bonner, Jan Chomicki, Samir Goel|
|Known for||data mining, mobile computing|
|Notable awards||2003 SIGMOD Test of Time Award; 10 year VLDB Best Paper Award.|
Tomasz Imieliński (born July 11, 1954 in Toruń, Poland) is a Polish-American computer scientist. He is currently professor at Rutgers University in New Jersey, United States. He served as chairman of the computer science department at Rutgers from 1996 to 2003. In 2000, he co-founded Connotate Technologies – a web data extraction company based in New Brunswick, NJ. Since 2004 till 2010 he has held multiple positions at Ask.com, from Vice president of data solutions to executive vice president of global search and answers and Chief Scientist. From 2010 to 2012 he served as VP of Data Solutions at Pronto.
His joint paper with Agrawal and Swami started the Association rule mining research area and is one of the most cited publications in computer science, with over 14,500 citations according to Google Scholar. This paper received the 2003 - 10 year Test of Time ACM SIGMOD award.
Tomasz Imieliński was granted a number of patents in data mining, mobile computing, and internet technology.
- "Anthony Bonner's Website at University of Toronto".
- "Jan Chomicki's Website at University of Buffalo".
- "Samir Goel's Website at Rutgers University".
- "SIGMOD Awards — ACM SIGMOD Official Website". Sigmod.org. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "VLDB 10year Awards". Vldb.org. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "Web Data. Simplified. | Web Data Collection, Scraping & Monitoring Solutions". Connotate.com. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "LinkedIn.com-Tomasz Imielinski".
- R. Agrawal; T. Imieliński; A. Swami: Mining Association Rules Between Sets of Items in Large Databases", SIGMOD Conference 1993: 207-216
- Agrawal, Rakesh. "Mining Association Rules between Sets of Items in Large Databases". IBM Almaden Research Center.
- "CiteSeerX — Statistics - Most Cited Articles in Computer Science". Citeseerx.ist.psu.edu. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- T. Imieliński; B.R. Badrinath: Querying in highly mobile distributed environments, VLDB Conference 1992: 41-52
- "Tomasz Imielinski's patents".
- Tomasz Imieliński's Personal Web page at Rutgers University
- CNET 2009
- Mobile Computing (book)
- Tomasz Imielinski's LinkedIn
|This article about a Polish scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|