|Date of birth||16 September 1968|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Ireland|
|Date of death||28 December 2012(aged 44)|
|Place of death||Galway, Ireland|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
In October 1988 he returned to Ireland and was signed by manager John Herrick for Galway United, making his League of Ireland debut on 23 October 1988 at Cobh Ramblers. His first league goal came in Seamus McDonagh's first game as player manager in a 2-1 home win over Cork City on the 27th of November 
During the 1990-91 League of Ireland season he was Galway's top league scorer with 8 goals. He also scored in every round of the FAI Cup up to the final. On the biggest day in Galway's history he put in a Man of the Match performance as Galway United beat favourites Shamrock Rovers. He also played for Sligo Rovers, Finn Harps and Athlone Town.
His last League of Ireland game was on the 22nd of September 1995 as a substitute for Athlone against Cork City  Keane played for Galway in a friendly against Leicester City in July 1998.
Keane died on 28 December 2012 in Galway, after playing in an indoor soccer tournament.
- Irish Football Handbook by Dave Galvin & Gerry Desmond (ISBN 0-9517987-3-1)
- The Finn Harps Story by Bartley Ramsay (ISBN 0-9558-0890-1)
- "BOURNEMOUTH : 1946/47 - 2011/12". Post War English & Scottish Football League A - Z Player's Database.
- "COLCHESTER UNITED:1950/51-1989/90 & 1992/93-2011/12". Post War English & Scottish Football League A - Z Player's Database.
- John Fallon (29 December 2012). "Death of Tommy Keane". Irish Examiner.