|Born||24 February 1965|
|Labels||Gigafon Records |
|Associated acts||BOL |
Tone Åse (born 24 February 1965 in Bergen, Norway) is a Norwegian singer, known from Norwegian choirs and jazz scenes. She is married to, and musically cooperating with jazz keyboardist Ståle Storløkken.
After completing teacher education, she studied classical vocals at the Trondheim Musikkonservatorium and Tromsø Musikkonservatorium, and got a master's degree on the Jazz program at Trondheim Musikkonservatorium (2007), where she is still working as an assistant professor.
Åse joined Kvitretten (1991) and contributed to two records with Kristin Asbjørnsen, Solveig Slettahjell, and Eldbjørg Raknes which she still are cooperating with. She took over the lead of Sosialistisk Kor in Trondheim (1994), and is also involved with Trondheim Voices. She has performed with Trondheim Jazz Orchestra. She has also contributed in Live Maria Roggens «Liveband» (2006), and with Ingrid Storholmen she performed «Samtalen» at Olsokdagene (2006)
She leads the quartet BOL with her husband Ståle Storløkken (piano), Tor Yttredal (saxophone) and Tor Haugerud (drums) with the album Silver sun (2001). They appeared as a trio when Yttredal left the band, and composed the commission work for Trondheim Kammerfestival (2003). They performed at Varangerfestivalen (2006).
- Within «Tone Åse & Thomas Strønen Duo»
- Voxpheria (Gigafon Records, 2012)
- Within BOL
- BOL (Via Music, 2001)
- Silver Sun (Curling Legs, 2005)
- Skylab (Nor CD, 2008)
- Numb, Number (Gigafon Records, 2012)
- Within Kvitretten
- Voices (Curling Legs, 1996)
- Everything Turns (Curling Legs, 1999)
- Kloden Er En Snurrebass Som Snurrer Oss (Curling Legs, 2002), with Torgeir Rebolledo Pedersen (Reciting)
- "Tone Åse - NTNU.no".
- "Eksamen frå jazzfestivalens scene - Universitetsavisa.no". Archived from the original on 2013-02-22. (Kjell Håve, 2007)
- "Kvitretten og Torgeir Rebolledo Pedersen: Kloden Er En Snurrebass Som Snurrer Oss - Puls.no". (in Norwegian)
- "Marilyn Mazur Official Website".