|Born||Tonja Annette Walker
September 19, 1960
|Other names||Tonja Davidson
|Spouse(s)||Edward J. Davidson
(1997–present), two children
Tonja Walker (born September 19, 1960) is an American former beauty pageant titleholder who has competed in the Miss USA pageant, an actress, and a singer. She is known for her role as Alex Olanov on One Life to Live and for her role as Olivia St. John on General Hospital.
Walker held the Miss Teen All American title in 1979 and won the Miss Maryland USA title in 1980. That year she represented Maryland in the Miss USA 1980 pageant broadcast live from Biloxi, Mississippi, and placed in the top twelve. She placed sixth after the preliminary round of competition, and went on to place eighth in the final swimsuit competition, seventh in interview and sixth in evening gown, and finished seventh overall.
Walker's first acting role was in Liar's Moon with Matt Dillon. She began her daytime career as Lizbeth Bachman on the television serial Capitol when it premiered in 1982, playing a sophisticated heiress torn between playboy Jordy Clegg and handicapped doctor Thomas McCandless. After a two-year run, Walker left the series in 1984 to pursue other projects. Walker returned to daytime as mob princess Olivia St. John on the serial General Hospital from 1988 to 1990, notoriously sleeping with Duke Lavery and stalking his family, much like Glenn Close's character Alex Forrest had done in the 1987 movie Fatal Attraction. After leaving General Hospital, she played Alex Olanov Hesser Buchanan Buchanan on One Life to Live from 1990 to 1997 and returned for some visits in 2001 and 2002. Alex started off as a feisty FBI agent but quickly turned into a psychopathic stalker who eventually became involved in the mob. Walker also had a recurring role as Marie Green on Guiding Light from 2003 to 2004, being reunited with Marj Dusay, whom she had appeared with on Capitol. Afterwards, she had a recurring role as D.A. Grace Nancier on Passions, a character obviously based upon Nancy Grace whom she slightly resembled. She made a brief return to One Life to Live in August 2007 for the show's 9,999th and 10,000th episodes, and her character later returned again on November 2, 2007 for a brief run. She made temporary returns to One Life of Live on January 2, 2009, March 15, 2011 and finally on November 17, 2011.
Walker is also a singer and has released one album collection of her songs. She has produced an award winning Family Film entitled The Derby Stallion, starring Zac Efron, Bill Cobbs, William R. Moses and herself that was released on Video on Demand March 8, 2007. The DVD came out June 2007.
- (1981): Mr. Merlin as Jessie Taylor
- (1982–84): Capitol as Lizbeth Bachman
- (1982): Liar's Moon as Karen Covucci
- (1983): Making of a Male Model as Alma Rockwell
- (1985): Hunter as Claire Jorgensen
- (1986): T.J. Hooker as Nancy Bosca
- (1987): Kidnapped as Claudia
- (1987): Spies as Lana
- (1988–90): General Hospital as Olivia St. John
- (1990 - 10's): One Life to Live as Alex Olanov (Role: 1990–97; 2001–02; 2007; 2009; 2011)
- (1994): Clear Cut (short)
- (2003–04): Guiding Light as Marie Green
- (2005): The Derby Stallion as Linda McCardle
- (2005): Never Been Thawed as Christian Band Slut (as Tonya Walker)
- (2005-2007): Passions as Grace Nancier
- (2011): Spy as Yvonne Hayworth
- "One Life to Live recap (8/16/07)". ABC.com (Internet Archive). August 16, 2007. Archived from the original on April 23, 2008. Retrieved April 23, 2008.
- "One Life to Live recap (8/17/07)". ABC.com (Internet Archive). August 17, 2007. Archived from the original on April 23, 2008. Retrieved April 23, 2008.
- ""One Life To Live" Daily Update". November 2, 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-02.
- "Comings and Goings: Tonja Walker (Alex Olanov)". Soap Opera Digest. 33. December 30, 2008. p. 17.