From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tonkin refers to:
- Đông Kinh, a former name of Hanoi, Vietnam
- Tonkin, the northernmost part of Vietnam
- the French protectorate of Tonkin, the northernmost part of French Indochina
- Gulf of Tonkin, a gulf in the South China Sea
- Gulf of Tonkin Incident, a 1964 naval incident that precipitated the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution
- Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, the 1964 resolution of the US Congress that precipitated the buildup of US forces in Vietnam
- For the Battle of Tonkin and the Tonkin Affair of 1885, see Battle of Bang Bo.
- In France, the Sino-French War is termed the Tonkin War.
- Anthony Tonkin (b. 1980), English footballer
- Arthur Tonkin (politician) (b. 1930), Australian politician
- Arthur Tonkin (rugby union) (1922–1991), Australian rugby player
- David Tonkin (1929–2000), Australian politician
- Felicity Tonkin (b. 1985), daughter of Mark Phillips and Heather Tonkin
- Humphrey Tonkin (b. 1939), American-British professor and Esperantist
- John Tonkin (1902–1995), Australian politician
- Phoebe Tonkin (contemporary), Australian actress
- William Tonkin (1897–[?]), British copperworker
- Tonkin Highway, a major arterial road in Perth, Western Australia
- Tonkin Street in Hong Kong
- Tonkinese (cat), cat breed
- A type of Bamboo (Arundinaria amabilis or Pseudosasa amabilis).
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tonkin.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.