This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Proper wikiformatting of lists, etc. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
15 August 1981
Lagos State, Nigeria
|Died||19 November 2018(aged 37)|
Bucknor was born to Mrs. Sola Bucknor and Mr. Segun Bucknor, a musician, in a cab on August 15. She was sister to Funke Bucknor, CEO of Zapphaire Events. Tosyn attended Fountain Nursery and Primary School, Queens' College, Yaba, University of Lagos (LAW) and the Nigerian Law School, Lagos (LLB). She did her National Youth Service Corps at Port Harcourt, opting to teach Literature-In-English and English at Archdeacon Crowther Memorial Girls' School, Elelenwo.
Radio for Bucknor started with Tee-A on Eko89.7fm after which she interned at Cool 96.9fm where she hosted the Fun Hour Show on Saturdays. Beginning with her youth service in 2009, Bucknor was a morning show radio host at Top Radio90.9fm. She was the only female radio host handling the morning belt by herself.
She won or was nominated for several awards including Future Awards, ELOY Awards, Best of Nollywood awards and more.
Bucknor hosted 'Tosyns Buzz Live' on Pulse TV every Friday. Her television and acting credits included:
- Co-host 3Live Chicks (a TV and YouTube show)
- Television Correspondent for EbonyLife Television
- Guest judge on Naija Sings Season 1
- Guest judge on Project Fame West Africa Season 5
- Judge on Boost Freestyle Reality Show Season 2
- Mentor on Project Fame West Africa Season 2
- Mentor on Project Fame West Africa Season 5
- Judge on God’s Kids Great Talent, City Of David, Redeemed Christian Church of God. 2012
- Judge on Greensprings Pastoral Centre Talent Show (PC’s Got Talent), Greensprings School, Lekki. 2012
- Plays "Osa" on TINSEL, an MNET soap opera
- Plays 'Jola' on 'Plus 234', a television drama series.
Bucknor contributed to several websites, including her own blogs, and wrote for television.
Her writing credits include (but not limited to):
- Series writer, '5ve' television series
- Series writer, 'Apprentice Africa'
- Series writer, 'Xtraconnect Gameshow'
- Columnist for the Guardian on Sundays for the column, 'Strictly for the Young'
- Columnist for Wedding Planner Magazine
- Columnist for Exquisite Magazine
- Series writer and Content Producer, 'Nigeria's Got Talent' Season 1
- Columnist for www.thenetng.net (tosyns ten 10s)
- Series contributor, "My Mum and I"
- Series contributor, "Citi Sistas"
- Series contributor, "About to Wed"
- Writer Amstel Malta Box Office (seasons 2 to 5) and Voice Over narrator for Season 5
- Website writer for Gulder Ultimate Search Season 3
Bucknor was a singer-songwriter with one album ('Pop Rock Soul and Jara') out.
Two of her songs have been used as soundtracks for the short film. "Ireti" and she hoped more will be used for television and movies, and also used by other artists.
Bucknor wrote, sang, recorded and performed music as CON.tra.diction.
As a recording artist and singer-songwriter, she worked with artists like Skales, Rooftop MCs and Eva, as well as producers like Sess, Tintin, Coldflames, Dj Klem, Knighthouse, Micworx and Cobhams.
Tosyn also ran ONE MIC NAIJA with two partners. One Mic Naija is a concert dedicated to getting new and established acts on the same stage.
Other music credits include
- Performed at Naijazz, Laff and Jamz, Swe Hip hop Valentine, Muson Jazz Festival, Trip City and Friends, My Groovy Valentine, Wax Lyrical, Inspiration Fm Family Festival, Fashion Show at Rehab, One Soul's Album Launch, Music For Soul at Ember Creek, Koffi's Green Zone at Unilag, ONE MIC NAIJA August edition (Aug 28th)
- Worked with artists and producers like the Rooftop MCs, Plumbline, Tintin, Ese Peters, Tee-Y Mix, Cobhams, Dj Klem, Coldflames, Eva, Sista Soul
- Contributed a verse to the voter’s awareness song organised by '1 Thumb'- CON.tra.diction did a cameo of ‘Sorry Song’ on Plumbline's video "Dead Presidents"
- Featured on Micworx Music E-mixes mixtape alongside Darey, Asa, Goldie and others
- Law society Cultural Pride Night
- Unilag Law Dinner
- A Night Out with Etcetera
- Laffmattaz hosts Ali Baba
- Facing the Giants seminar
- Rise Seminar
- From Lagos with Love
- Exquisite Magazine's Party Against Cancer 2011
- Mo'cheddah Album Listening Party
- The Workerman Movement Album release party
- Cancer Awareness Show 2012
- Aramide Suitcase Album Listening Party.
Advocacy and goodwill
- Supported youth organizations like Rise Nigeria, The Future Nigeria
- Runs a sickle cell project, These Genes
- Supports several Election Awareness campaigns like Enough is Enough Nigeria, 1 Thumb Nigeria
- Volunteers to Support an Orphan project, SAMi and CASAP (Child Adoption and Sponsorship Awareness Project)
Seminars, conferences, and workshops
- Speaker, TEDx Ife
- Participant at the NLI Future Leaders Seminar 2010
- Participant at The Future Project Symposium for Young and Emerging Leaders 2012
- Speaker at the YGC Africa Transformation summit 2011
- Speaker at The Future Pre - Awards Conference
- Speaker at KWII 2011- Speaker at RUMSA week 2011
- Speaker at Law Faculty, Babcock University 2012
- Speaker at TEDxIfe conference 2012
- Moderator at Harambee Conference 2010
- Attended Africa Business Leaders Forum as one of 101 African youths selected by LEAP Africa
- Speaker at WEEC-NG Women Empowerment Programme at the University of Lagos 2012
Recognitions and awards
- Nominee, Women in Media Awards 2009
- Nominee, Exquisite Lady of the Year Award 2009, 2010, 2011
- Nominee, Future Awards, Best Use of Goodwill 2009
- Nominee, Dynamix Awards, Radio Personality of the Year 2009, 2011
- Nominee, Future Awards, On Air Personality of the Year, Radio 2010
- Nominee, FAB Awards, On Air Personality, Radio 2011,2012
- Nominee, Dynamix Awards Best Radio Personality 2011
- Nominee, OAP of the Year, SCREAM Awards 2016
- Nominee, Most Fashionable On Air Personality, Lagos Fashion Awards 2016
- Winner, Best of Nollywood Awards, Radio Host of the Year
- Winner, Tweet Rave Awards, Most Innovative Tweets
- Winner, Jeans 4 Genes II, Best charity/cause related event at Nigerian Events Award
- Winner, Nigerian Broadcasters Awards: Most Popular Radio Presenter
- As CON.tra.diction, Tosyn was nominated at the NMVA Awards 2010 in the Best Rock Video category
- Tosyn was inducted into the Humanitarian Hall of Fame by Charity Lounge, Lagos for her 'Act of Kindness' 2012
- Organised the live artiste showcase, One Mic Naija
- Came 2nd in the FORD FOCUS CHALLENGE in 2011
- La Casera ‘s.h.a.r.e Your Apple Story’ campaign 2012 and 2013
Tosyn was found dead  by her husband, Aurelien Boyer, when he arrived at home from work on 19th November, 2018. Her sister, Funke Bucknor Obruthe said through her instagram account that Tosyn died due to sickle cell complications. She was born with sickle cell anaemia. It has been revealed how the popular Inspiration FM's On-Air Personality, OAP, predicted her death through a poem she wrote, which had gone viral, few days before her death.
- "11 Things We Are Almost Certain You Didn't Know About OAP, Tosyn Bucknor | Zikoko!". Zikoko!. 2015-09-06. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- Tayo, Ayomide O. "Tosyn Bucknor: "I was born in a taxi" reveals OAP". Retrieved 2017-12-22.
- Odunayo, Adams. "I Was Born In A Taxi - Top Radio Girl, Tosyn Bucknor Reveals". Naij.com - Nigeria news. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- Omoyeni, Tolu. "Lamide Akintobi, Lala Akindoju and Tosyn Bucknor celebrate friendship with Bland2Glam's Holiday Collection". The September Standard. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Farouk, Mohammed. "OAP Tosyn Bucknor Dies at Age 37". OkayNG.com. Retrieved 2018-11-18.
- Okonofua, Odion, E. (20 November 2018). "Tosyn Bucknor died due to sickle cell complications" - Funke Bucknor". Pulse Nigeria. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- Akunwake Akinyiade (November 20, 2018). "Tosyn Bucknor Died Of Sickle Cell Complications". The Guardian.
- "Tosyn Bucknor: How popular OAP predicted her death - Daily Post Nigeria". Daily Post Nigeria. 2018-11-21. Retrieved 2018-11-22.