Tower was a slab serif typeface designed by Morris Fuller Benton for American Type Founders, and based upon his earlier design for Stymie, but with straight sides to the round letters emphasizing the vertical appearance. Tower Italic was designed but not cast. In 1936, Tower Bold was started by the same designer, but was instead made into Stymie Bold Condensed.
- Blackwell, Lewis. 20th Century Type. Yale University Press: 2004. ISBN 0-300-10073-6.
- Fiedl, Frederich, Nicholas Ott and Bernard Stein. Typography: An Encyclopedic Survey of Type Design and Techniques Through History. Black Dog & Leventhal: 1998. ISBN 1-57912-023-7.
- Jaspert, W. Pincus, W. Turner Berry and A.F. Johnson. The Encyclopedia of Type Faces. Blandford Press Lts.: 1953, 1983. ISBN 0-7137-1347-X.
- Macmillan, Neil. An A–Z of Type Designers. Yale University Press: 2006. ISBN 0-300-11151-7.
- Mac MacGrew, "American Metal Typefaces of the Twentieth Century," Oak Knoll Books, New Castle Delaware, 1993, p. 309., ISBN 0-938768-34-4.
|This typography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|