Tracy Brown lives in Staten Island, New York, where she was born and grew up.
Brown became pregnant with her daughter Ashley when she was still a teenager. But, she managed to graduate high school despite the odds. She is also the mother of two boys, Quaviel and Justin. She is an alumnus of John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
On December 2, 2015 Brown visited the Borough of Manhattan Community College as a guest speaker to students who are interested in becoming professional writers and are fans of her work.
She runs a nonprofit organization known as We Are Ladies First, LTD which seeks to inform, inspire, and empower the young women of Staten Island. She also mentors and teaches a course on writing to young ladies in a correctional environment of the New York State Foster Care System. She lends her talents to community plays, musicals, and church programs, writing and directing her first stage play "Brand New" in 2016.
- Black, Triple Crown Publications, 2003
- Dime Piece, Triple Crown Publications, 2004
- Criminal Minded, St. Martin’s Griffin, 2005
- White Lines, St. Martin’s Griffin, 2007
- Twisted, St. Martin’s Griffin, 2008
- Snapped, St. Martin’s Griffin, 2009
- Aftermath, St. Martin’s Griffin, 2011
- White Lines II: Sunny, St. Martin’s Griffin, 2012
- Flirting with Disaster, St. Martin’s Griffin, 2013
- White Lines III: All Falls Down, St. Martin’s Griffin, 2015
Tracy Brown’s stories have appeared in the anthologies The Game: Short Stories About the Life and Flirt.
- "Brown, Tracy, 1974-". Virtual International Authority File. Online Computer Library Center. Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- ""For Staten Island author Tracy Brown, struggle as single-mom an inspiration for successful literary career", Staten Island Live, 03/02/11".
- ""Top 10 Underrated Street Lit Authors", TheUBS.com, May 2008".
- ""White Lines", Publishers Weekly, 11/27/2006".
- ""Twisted", Publishers Weekly, 03/31/2008".
- ""Snapped", Publishers Weekly, 10/05/2009".
- ""Aftermath", Publishers Weekly, 12/13/2010".
- Tracy Brown, Macmillan Publishers