|Genres||Post-punk, Indie Rock, Experimental rock, Afrobeat, World Music|
|Labels||Upset The Rhythm|
|Past members||Ros Murray|
Original bassist Ros Murray was previously of the band Electrelane. Rachel Aggs also plays in Sacred Paws and Shopping, and Rachel Horwood in Bamboo and Bas Jan (the latter also featuring Serafina Steer). Gill Partington and Rachel Horwood also played together in Halo Halo.
They have been compared to UK punk and post punk acts like The Slits, the Raincoats, and the Au Pairs, as well as noting the West African highlife influence on Aggs' guitar lines. Trash Kit themselves listed early influences as Y Pants, Ikue Mori of DNA, and Marnie Stern.
Rachel Aggs and Rachel Horwood met and became friends at university and had been in a couple of bands together prior to forming Trash Kit, inspired by post punk, African percussion, and street performers who drum on trash cans. They met Ros Murray at the Here shop in Bristol.
Upset The Rhythm asked them to record for their label immediately after seeing them play for the first time at the 'Yes Way' festival UTR had put on. They released a 7" single, and their first album for the label - entitled Trash Kit - both in 2010.
Their second album Confidence was released in 2014 again to critical acclaim. It featured the addition of Murray's former Electrelane bandmate Verity Susman playing free jazz-inspired saxophone.
- Trash Kit - Upset The Rhythm, 12" LP, CD, MP3 (2010)
- Confidence - Upset The Rhythm, 12" LP, CD, MP3 (2014)
- Horizon - Upset The Rhythm, 12" LP, CD, MP3 (2019)
- Split with Woolf - Mïlk Records, 7" single, MP3 (2010)
- Thompson, Paul (2 December 2014). "Trash Kit: Confidence". Pitchfork. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- Powell, Mike (2 June 2010). "Trash Kit: Trash Kit". Pitchfork. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- Britton, Matthew (24 June 2010). "TLOBF Interview // Trash Kit". The Line of Best Fit. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- Phares, Heather. "Trash Kit Biography". Allmusic.
- Stix, Mr. (3 August 2015). "Blast From The Past: Trash Kit". Maximumrocknroll. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- Gourlay, Dom (17 May 2010). "Trash Kit Trash Kit Label: Upset The Rhythm". Drowned In Sound. Archived from the original on 28 February 2018. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- Fenwick, Tom (26 November 2014). "Trash Kit Confidence Label: Upset The Rhythm". Drowned In Sound. Archived from the original on 28 February 2018. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- Ingham, Thomas. "Trash Kit - Confidence". The Line of Best Fit. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- Flood, Alex (5 May 2017). "Thurston Moore picks five underrated bands you should know about". NME. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- Kenneally, Cerys (16 May 2019). "Trash Kit announce first album in five years with lead single "Horizon"". Line of Best Fit. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- "Discogs Trash Kit".