Trevor Williams (bishop)
|former Bishop of Limerick and Killaloe|
Bishop Trevor Williams photographed in Baker Photography in July 2014
|Denomination||Church of Ireland (Anglican)|
|Spouse||Joyce Williams (née Milne)|
|Occupation||Bishop of Limerick and Killaloe|
|Education||St. Andrew's College, Dublin, Trinity College, Dublin and St John's College, Nottingham|
Williams was born in Dublin, Ireland and educated at St. Andrew's College, Dublin, Trinity College, Dublin, and St John's College, Nottingham. He was ordained a deacon in 1974 and a priest in 1975. From 1974-77 he served as curate at St Andrew's and St Mary's, Maidenhead, Diocese of Oxford. He moved to Northern Ireland to become an Assistant Chaplain at Queen's University Belfast. From 1981 to 1988, he was a religious broadcasting producer for BBC Radio Ulster. After this he served as rector of St John's, Newcastle, County Down, until 1993.
Williams served as leader of the Corrymeela Community, a Christian group committed to promoting peace and reconciliation in Northern Ireland, from 1994 to 2003. He was appointed a canon of St Patrick’s Cathedral, Armagh, in 2002 and in 2003 served as rector of Holy Trinity and St Silas with Immanuel in North Belfast, in the Diocese of Connor.
In addition to serving Ireland as a diocesan bishop, Williams retains an active interest in working for reconciliation in Northern Ireland. He recently joined with four other clergy from north Belfast in urging the Northern Ireland Executive to put more resources into addressing sectarianism in its Programme for Government.
Williams is married to Joyce (née Milne) and they have three adult sons. Joyce Williams works as an administrator with the Churches Community Work Alliance. In his spare time, he enjoys sailing and car mechanics.
- "Consecration of the Rt Revd Trevor Williams as Bishop of Limerick". 11 July 2008. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "The Revd Canon Trevor Williams Elected Bishop of Limerick and Killaloe". Church of Ireland. 2008-05-06. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- David, Raleigh (2008-05-28). "Revd Canon Trevor Williams — New Church of Ireland Bishop of Limerick & Killaloe". Limerick Independent. Retrieved 8 January 2009.
- Hurley, David (15 July 2008). "Consecration of new Bishop of Limerick". Retrieved 8 January 2009.
- Hogan, John (15 September 2008). "Trevor Williams installed as Bishop at Mary's". Retrieved 8 January 2009.