The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (September 2017)
Tripsta S.A. is the parent company of tripsta, airtickets and travelplanet24, online travel agencies that provide transportation services—including airlines, ferry and train - through their websites.
Tripsta S.A. operates in over 45 countries and territories and in over 34 languages.
Tripsta S.A. was founded in 2005, originally under the brand name travelplanet24, by Philipp Brinkmann (CEO) and Kristof Keim (CCO) in Athens, Greece. In 2010, Tripsta S.A. was formed in response to European expansion.
As of 2017, the company serves over one million customers and has gross bookings exceeding .5bn EUR.
Tripsta S.A. maintains its headquarters in Athens, Greece and has a remote office in Bucharest, Romania.
Suspension of operations
Tripsta S.A. suspended operations, in particular issuance of new travel tickets in June 2018 due to a failure of its new business plan and subsequent inability to repay debts of up to 70 million euros to IATA and its members. As a result of this airtickets.gr converted its operation into a metasearch engine and travelplanet24 was restricted into selling solely ferry tickets. Additionally it aimed to close down their office in Romania affecting around 100 employees. Tripsta blamed partner Travelport for this outcome and initiated legal actions against it, with Travelport denying the accusations. Airtickets.gr founder Dimitris Kontogeorgos publicly blamed Tripsta for failing to protect the reputation of airtickets.gr, as he claimed that Tripsta allowed its financial problems to be linked to airtickets.gr.
- Travelplanet24 (Operates solely in the Greek market)
- airtickets (Operates in 17 counties)
- NL Group (Operates in 4 counties)
- Tripsta (Operates in 46 counties)
In March 2015, Tripsta S.A. acquired and integrated its competitor airtickets®. The acquisition made Tripsta S.A. the largest ecommerce company in the country. It also consolidated the technology and customer base of the two companies, presenting a wide-reaching transportation offer.
- "Tripsta S.A. About Us".
- "Travelport and Tripsta announce new agreement | Travelport". www.travelport.com. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Philipp Brinkmann — Co-founder and CEO, Travelplanet24/Tripsta | ALEXANDER ONASSIS BUSINESS DAY". aoen.onassis-scholars.gr. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Tripsta S.a. - Athens 10562 (Attiki), 4 Kar. Servias". gr.kompass.com. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- Cave, Andrew. "Greece Reloaded: How Tripsta Is Travelling Hopefully On The Road To Entrepreneurial Success". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Επένδυση ύψους 3,5 εκατ. ευρώ στην Travelplanet24 - NEWS - Fortunegreece.com". Fortunegreece.com (in Greek). 2014-05-22. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Travelplanet24/Tripsta's Athens Headquarters - Officelovin'". Officelovin'. 2014-10-19. Retrieved 2017-09-27.
- May, Kevin (29 June 2018). "Tripsta web agency halts operations amid financial row". PhocusWire. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Greek tourism portal suspends activity, almost 100 employees affected in Romania". Romania Insider. 2 July 2018. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- Krinis, Nikos (29 June 2018). "Tripsta/airtickets Blames GDS Partner for 'Massive Liquidity Problem'". GTP. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- Krinis, Nikos (19 July 2018). "airtickets.gr Founder Blames Tripsta for Company's Fall". GTP. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Αεροπορικά Εισιτήρια, Ακτοπλοϊκά | travelplanet24.com". www.travelplanet24.com. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "airtickets.com® - Flights, Cheap Flights, Airline Tickets, Hotels". www.airtickets.com. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "NL Group® - Flights, Cheap Flights, Airline Tickets, Hotels". www.next-liberty.com. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Merger creates largest OTA in Southern Europe".
- "European OTA power player formed by merger of tripsta and airtickets.com".