Bowen with the Galaxy in August 2010
|Full name||Tristan Bowen|
|Date of birth||January 30, 1991|
|Place of birth||Van Nuys, California, United States|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|2007||San Fernando Valley Quakes||5||(0)|
|2009||→ Hollywood United Hitmen (loan)||1||(1)|
|2009||→ Miami FC (loan)||3||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Roeselare (loan)||24||(3)|
|2014||Seattle Sounders FC||2||(0)|
|2008||United States U18||2||(0)|
|2010||United States U20||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of September 14, 2015.
After a brief spell with the San Fernando Valley Quakes in the USL Premier Development League, Bowen played for Galaxy Rios at the 2008 SUM U-17 Cup, and later helped the team win the Pacific Southern California Division of the USL Super-20 League.
Bowen played several games with Galaxy's reserves in the MLS Reserve Division towards the end of the 2008 season, and was formally signed by the senior LA Galaxy team on November 12, 2008, making him the first player in MLS history to be signed directly from his club's Youth Academy. He played during Galaxy's pre-season tour of Oceania in February 2009, and made his professional debut on April 7, 2009, in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup against Colorado Rapids. He made his MLS debut on June 20, 2009, in a game against San Jose Earthquakes.
With the MLS Reserve Division having been scrapped at the end of 2008, Galaxy also loaned Bowen to the Hollywood United Hitmen of the USL Premier Development League and to Miami FC of the USL First Division for part of the 2009 season, to maintain his match fitness levels.
Bowen has played for the United States U-18 and U-20 national teams, including three games in November 2008, during which he played friendly games against Spanish La Liga teams Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid and Rayo Vallecano. He is eligible to represent Jamaica through parentage.
- "Tristan Bowen signs with KuPS of Kuopio".
- Galaxy welcome forward Tristan Bowen as first player to join Galaxy Rios program
- "United Soccer Leagues (USL)". Uslsoccer.com. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- Galaxy sign 17-year-old Tristan Bowen
- "United Soccer Leagues (USL)". uslsoccer.com.
- "trade forward Tristan Bowen to Chivas USA". LA Galaxy. 2010-12-15. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "Chivatown Post: International Call-ups Edition". The Goat Parade. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- Adam Serrano (2012-05-17). "Bowen returns to Chivas USA from loan stint in Belgium". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- [dead link]
- "San Jose Earthquakes, Houston Dynamo each grab two players in Stage 2 of Re-Entry Draft". MLSsoccer.com.