Bowen with the Galaxy in August 2010
|Full name||Tristan Bowen|
|Date of birth||January 30, 1991|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|2007||San Fernando Valley Quakes||5||(0)|
|2009||→ Hollywood United Hitmen (loan)||1||(1)|
|2009||→ Miami FC (loan)||3||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Roeselare (loan)||24||(3)|
|2014||Seattle Sounders FC||2||(0)|
|2008||United States U18||2||(0)|
|2010||United States U20||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of February 5, 2017|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of August 27, 2012
Tristan Bowen (born January 30, 1991) is an American soccer player who is currently a free agent.
Bowen played for Galaxy Rios at the 2008 SUM U-17 Cup, and later helped the team win the Pacific Southern California Division of the USL Super-20 League.
Bowen played several games with Galaxy's reserves in the MLS Reserve Division towards the end of the 2008 season, and was formally signed by the senior LA Galaxy team on November 12, 2008, making him the first player in MLS history to be signed directly from his club's Youth Academy. He played during Galaxy's pre-season tour of Oceania in February 2009, and made his professional debut on April 7, 2009, in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup against Colorado Rapids. He made his MLS debut on June 20, 2009, in a game against San Jose Earthquakes.
With the MLS Reserve Division having been scrapped at the end of 2008, Galaxy also loaned Bowen to the Hollywood United Hitmen of the USL Premier Development League and to Miami FC of the USL First Division for part of the 2009 season, to maintain his match fitness levels.
The Sounders and Bowen part ways at the conclusion of the 2014 season. In December 2014, Bowen entered the 2014 MLS Re-Entry Draft and was selected in stage two by New England Revolution. He did not agree to terms with New England.
In February 2016, Bowen signed with AFC United in Sweden. He helped the club win promotion to Allesvenska, Sweden's first division.
Bowen has played for the United States U-18 and U-20 national teams, including three games in November 2008, during which he played friendly games against Spanish La Liga teams Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid and Rayo Vallecano. He is eligible to represent Jamaica through parentage.
A Pro's Life Podcast
In 2017, Bowen began A Pro's Life Podcast which consists of interviews with other Professional Soccer Players, Coaches, and Agents along with a segment called A Pro's Tip which are tips from Bowen himself. The mission of the Podcast is to help young soccer players worldwide know what it takes to become a Pro Soccer Player. Each interview includes the background of the player being interviewed, where they come from and how they began to play soccer along with their journey up until the point of their interview. The players give in depth information about their respective journeys as well as what their ambitions are for the future. Mix that in with a couple personal questions and the listeners realize they aren't that much different from the Players. Listeners of the Podcast are affectionately acknowledged by Bowen as "Pro Nation".
2014 US Open Cup Champion 2014 Supporters Shield
Promotion to Allesvenska (2016)
Won promotion to Allsvenska (Sweden's Top Flight)
- Galaxy welcome forward Tristan Bowen as first player to join Galaxy Rios program Archived 2007-03-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- Galaxy sign 17-year-old Tristan Bowen Archived 2008-12-04 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-04-12. Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-06-29. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "United Soccer Leagues (USL)". uslsoccer.com. Archived from the original on 2011-06-10.
- "trade forward Tristan Bowen to Chivas USA". LA Galaxy. 2010-12-15. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "Chivatown Post: International Call-ups Edition". The Goat Parade. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- Adam Serrano (2012-05-17). "Bowen returns to Chivas USA from loan stint in Belgium". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "San Jose Earthquakes, Houston Dynamo each grab two players in Stage 2 of Re-Entry Draft". MLSsoccer.com.
- "Tristan Bowen signs with KuPS of Kuopio".