||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Developed by||Ragdoll Productions|
|Country of origin||UK|
|No. of episodes||30|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Original release||11 May 2009 – 12 February 2010|
Tronji is a CG animated TV series and a multiplayer online game, produced in the United Kingdom and aimed at children aged six to eight years. It was commissioned by CBBC, produced by Ragdoll Productions (their first CBBC-only production for years since Teletubbies) and will be distributed globally by BBC Worldwide. Andrew Davenport devised the television format for Tronji, created the key characters and is the series producer. Anne Wood had the original concept for Tronji and was the initial producer.
The TV series launched on CBBC in May 2009, and the Beta version of the online game is available to download.
Tronji takes place in the CGI-animated universe of Tronjiworld, where creatures known as Tronjis live happily. However, all of that changed when Tronjiworld was struck by a natural disaster, known simply as "Wobble", which caused immense destruction to Tronjiworld (draining away its colour and happiness and causing all Tronjis to cry) and even separated several parts of it away into an area known as The Gap, which is a space-like void filled with asteroids.
Each episode follows the Great Eek summoning three children from Peopleworld (the Tronji name for Earth) and enlisting their help in reaching the saddest part of the broken pieces of Tronji and repair the damage done using their special skills, whilst the Great Eek and Tronji-O locate Tronji-I in Peopleworld, who usually materializes within an unhappy situation, in which the Great Eek and Tronji-O will use gem power from the children to fix the situation and therefore use Double Happiness to return the broken pieces back together.
- The Great Eek - The ruler of Tronjiworld who lives within the Dome and watches over the world. He is a pale-skinned being dressed in purple, including a large top hat with a jewel on the front and carries a cane which doubles as a wand, which he uses to reconnect the broken pieces of Tronjiworld. Whenever trouble strikes in Tronjiworld and there are significant levels of sadness, he will summon three skilled children from Peopleworld to help him in fixing the problem. His catchphrases are "Wobbly-I-O!" and "What a wobbler!.
- Tronji-O - A female Tronji who has a red, egg-shaped body, a golden disc on her stomach and three short hairs on her head. She often assists The Great Eek in helping to restore happiness to Tronjiworld and Peopleworld, seeing as her brother Tronji-I always gets taken to Peopleworld whenever Wobble strikes. She communicates in a series of squeaks, including the signature Tronji phrase "Nik-Nak-Nor" and when she is upset, she wails loudly.
- Tronji-I - Tronji-O's twin brother. He is identical to his sister, except he is coloured dark blue and wears a golden belt around his stomach. Whenever Wobble strikes, he is often accidentally teleported to Peopleworld, where he usually appears within an unhappy situation, but once Tronji-O is able to make contact with him, they will use their powers to make a swap, which will usually result in the Peopleworld situation changing to happiness, but also causing another problem in Tronjiworld.
- Ooee-Ooee - A flying, cloud-like Tronji who always says his name and flashes as he does. During missions, he gives one of the children a ride to the place with the most sadness in time for the "Happy Ending". When the Great Eek uses his powers to bring the broken pieces of Tronjiworld back together, Ooey-Ooey turns golden, a result of 'Double Happiness'.
- The Gap Minders - A pair of guards who protect The Gap. In order to pass them, the children must answer the Gap Minders' Impossible Question, which is normally a mathematical question relating to the subject of the children's skills.
|Number||Episode Name||Kids in the episode and their skills||Problem in Tronjiworld||Problem in Peopleworld||Problem in Tronjiworld caused by swap||Monochrome Zone Subplot||Gem Colours|
|3||Telly Town||Example||Tronjisaurs blocking the big telly in Telly Town||Example||Example||Example||Example|
|5||Yaa-Boo Land||Example||Tronjiboos' game of peek-a-boo is ruined||a man can't retrieve a woman's hat from a river because the boat is upside down||Example||Example||Example|
|6||Winter Whoopsy Land||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example|
|8||Tronji Sorting Office||Mohammed [Bike Riding], Masuma [Jigsaws], Rachel [climbing]||a giant pink lemonade ice lolly blocks the centre of the track||Example||Example||Example||Green, Orange, Red|
|12||Tronjisaur Golf Course||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example|
|15||Tiddly-piddly Plop Pond||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example|
|16||Tronji Art Gallery||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example|
|19||Grassy Hump Bump||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example|
|21||Tronji-Bop Talent Studio||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example|
|22||Sock Tree Nursery||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example|
|24||Ping-Fruit Petrol Station||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example|
|26||Rice Cake Puffers||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example|
|28||The Everlasting Hedge||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example||Example|
|30||Tronjiboggle Train||Mandeep, Dan, and Zahraa||Bop-tangereines on the track||Wet cement is causing problems for removal men||Track turned from solid to liquid||Example||Red [Mandeep], Blue [Dan], Mauve [Zahraa]|
- "Alison Sharman commissions three major new series for CBBC" (Press release). BBC. 11 August 2005. Retrieved 29 April 2006.