True Value Solar
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|David McCallum (Managing Director)|
|A$43.3 million (2011)|
Number of employees
True Value Solar was an Australian solar systems sales company, which shut up shop in late 2018. Read reviews: , , . In 2013 German-based M+W Group bought True Value’s remaining 35 per cent shareholding. The core business of the company was as a sales company of rooftop solar power systems, with installation and perhaps responsibility for issues by contractors. Operated in all major states in Australia (absent from the Northern Territory and Australian Capital Territory) and no office in Tasmania. Founded in 2009, closed late 2018.
On 11 April 2016, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission reported that energy retailer True Value Solar Pty Ltd (True Value Solar) ceased offering its customers incentives for publishing positive online reviews, following an investigation by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
On 4 November 2011, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission reported that True Value Solar Pty Ltd paid two infringement notices totalling $13,200 and provided a court enforceable undertaking to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission regarding misleading advertising.
Purchase By M+W Group
In March 2013, True Value Solar became fully owned by German-based M+W Group, after the engineering and construction firm bought True Value’s remaining 35 per cent shareholding. M+W was already the majority shareholder in the rooftop solar specialist, having bought 65 per cent of the company in 2011.
In March 2011 German engineering firm M+W Group announced that it had purchased a majority stake in National Solar Group, the parent company of True Value Solar at the time.
- David McCallum, Managing Director 
The rooftop solar industry in Australia is one of the biggest in the world. With over 1 million residential systems installed throughout the country, the solar sales market is one of the most competitive.
The top ten solar system sales companies in Australia as of April 2017 according to Green Energy Markets include Euro Solar in number one place with around 6.5% of all sales, Powerark (wholesaler/distributor), SolarGain, Origin Energy, AGL Energy, with True Value Solar dropping to tenth place with only around 1% of sales.
- "Product Review website". Product Review. 18 December 2013. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "True Local Review website". True Local. 18 December 2013. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Whirlpool website". Whirlpool. 18 December 2013. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Suren Chandrajit". Smart Company. 21 December 2011. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- ACCC (11 April 2016). "True Value Solar discontinues incentives for positive online reviews". accc.gov.au.
- ACCC (4 November 2011). "True Value Solar pays infringement notices for misleading advertising". accc.gov.au.
- "Mixed Greens: German firm buys Australia's largest solar installer". RenewEconomy.com.au. 6 March 2013. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "M+W takes controlling stake in National Solar Group". Australian Financial Review. 13 April 2011. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- "Clean Energy Council – Solar PV". www.cleanenergycouncil.org.au. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- "Green Energy Markets – Solar PV Sales". Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- official website | http://www.truevaluesolar.com.au
SHUT DOWN 1/11/2018