Mathibelle at the 2016 Olympics
|Born||June 30, 1991|
Mapeleng, Mabote, Lesotho
|Height||171 cm (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||54 kg (119 lb)|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||2:13:50 (2017)|
Mathibelle took up running aged 14. He ran his first marathon in 2012 and qualified for the 2012 Olympics. He ran his second marathon at the Olympics and finished last in a time of 2:55:54. After walking the majority of the last 3 km, Ramonene summoned the strength to jog over the finish line nearly 48 minutes behind the race winner. Shortly after the crowd cheered him to the finish line, he collapsed with exhaustion.
- Tsepo Mathibelle. IAAF
- Report: men’s marathon – IAAF World Championships, Beijing 2015| News. iaaf.org (2015-08-22). Retrieved on 2016-08-22.
- Tsepo Mathibelle. nbcolympics.com
- "Men's marathon - Results". london2012.com. 12 August 2012. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- London 2012: Lesotho's athletes hope Olympics will put kingdom on the map. Guardian (2016-02-09). Retrieved on 2016-08-22.
- Canadian runners in good spirits after tough Olympic marathon Archived 2013-01-29 at Archive.today. Sports.nationalpost.com. Retrieved on 2016-08-22.
- "IAAF World Championships Beijing 2015, Marathon Me". IAAF World Championships. 2015-08-22. Archived from the original on 2015-08-29. Retrieved 2015-01-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tsepo Mathibelle.|
- Tsepo Ramonene's profile on the London 2012 Olympics website
- A video on Tsepo created prior to the Olympics
|This biographical article relating to Lesothan athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|