Prof Chen Tsuhan is the Deputy President (Research and Technology) at National University of Singapore. He is currently the Chief Scientist of AI Singapore. Prior to his current appoint he was the Dean of the College of Engineeringat Nanyang Technological University from 2015 to 2017. He was previously Director of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Cornell University from 2009 to 2013. He is also an Honorary Professor in Computer Science at National Chao Tung University, Taiwan.
Chen was educated at National Taiwan University and the California Institute of Technology; at Caltech, his adviser was P. P. Vaidyanathan. He won the Charles Wilts Doctoral Prize for his 1993 Ph.D. thesis on filters. Prior to joining Cornell, he worked for Bell Labs from 1993 to 1997 and as a professor at Carnegie Mellon University from 1997 to 2009. He was the editor-in-chief of the IEEE Transactions on Multimedia from 2002 to 2004, and was elected as a Fellow of the IEEE in 2007.
Chen's research interests include signal processing and multimedia. His research projects have included systems for three-dimensional photography for automated analysis of security video footage, and for gesture-based control of vehicle functions.
- "Chen Tsuhan".
- "Office of NTU Dean Engineering".
- ECE Cornell Faculty Profile, Tsuhan Chen.
- Visual computing expert Tsuhan Chen leads School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cornell Chronicle, January 12, 2009.
- "Honorary Professor TH Chen".
- Charles Wilts Prize, Electrical Engineering Dept., California Institute of Technology.
- "The 2007 Class of IEEE Fellows". IEEE. Retrieved October 31, 2009.
- Chen's home page at CMU,
- Taking photography to a new dimension, Jennifer Bails, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, December 22, 2004.
- CMU Professor Takes Technology to Taiwan, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, December 10, 2005.
- Gesture interfaces for automotive control: beyond digital expletives. Automotive Design & Production, July 1, 2003.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|