Tumbledown (2015 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Sean Mewshaw|
Aaron L. Gilbert|
|Written by||Desiree Van Til|
|Music by||Daniel Hart|
|Edited by||Suzy Elmiger|
|Distributed by||Starz Digital|
Tumbledown is a 2015 American romantic comedy film directed by Sean Mewshaw and written by Desiree Van Til. The film stars Jason Sudeikis, Rebecca Hall, Dianna Agron, and Joe Manganiello. The film was released on February 5, 2016, by Starz Digital.
- Jason Sudeikis as Andrew McCabe
- Rebecca Hall as Hannah Miles
- Dianna Agron as Finley
- Joe Manganiello as Curtis
- Griffin Dunne as Upton
- Richard Masur as Bruce Jespersen
- Blythe Danner as Linda Jespersen
On April 19, 2013, it was announced that Sean Mewshaw would direct the romantic comedy on the script of Desiree Van Til; producers would be Kristin Hahn of Indigo Films and Aaron L. Gilbert and Margot Hand of Bron Studios. Jason Sudeikis and Rose Byrne were set to play the lead roles, Sudeikis as a New York writer and Byrne as a young widow. Olivia Munn, Joe Manganiello, Blythe Danner, Michael McKean and Beau Bridges were also set to co-star in the film. On January 30, 2014, Rebecca Hall joined the cast of the film to play the female lead, replacing Byrne as the widow in the film. On March 31, 2014 Dianna Agron, Griffin Dunne and Richard Masur joined the ensemble cast, while filming was underway in Devens.
In April 2013 the filming was set to begin in October in Vancouver, British Columbia. In addition to Vancouver, filmmaker Van Til looked at shooting in Maine, California and New York. Ultimately she settled on shooting in Massachusetts due to their “robust film incentive program”  which would help with the $4 million dollar budget. According to the LA Times, “The Massachusetts Film Office touts a program offering filmmakers who spend more than $50,000 in the state a 25% tax credit to offset the costs of paying actors, building sets and other expenses. It's among the more competitive film incentive programs in the country.” 
So, In January 2014 the production was scheduled to begin in late March in Massachusetts. The shooting of the film began on March 23, 2014 in Princeton, Massachusetts. Sudeikis was also spotted on the set during the filming. Filming also reportedly took place at New England Studios in Devens.
Tumbledown received generally positive reviews. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a rating of 67%, based on 30 reviews, with an average rating of 6.3/10. On Metacritic, the film has a score of 60 out of 100, based on 14 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
- Justin Kroll (2015-03-23). "'Cake' Producer Launches New Production Company". Variety. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "'Tumbledown': Tribeca Review". The Hollywood Reporter. 2015-04-19. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "Tumbledown (2016)". The Numbers. Retrieved June 7, 2016.
- Kilday, Gregg (19 April 2013). "Jason Sudeikis, Rose Byrne to Star in Rom-Com 'Tumbledown'". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- Sneider, Jeff (19 April 2013). "Jason Sudeikis, Rose Byrne to Star in Romantic Comedy 'Tumbledown'". thewrap.com. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- McNary, Dave (30 January 2014). "Rebecca Hall Joins Romantic Comedy 'Tumbledown'". variety.com. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Trio Added To 'Tumbledown' Ahead Of Shooting Start". deadline.com. 31 March 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "TUMBLEDOWN". TUMBLEDOWN. Retrieved 7 August 2016.
- Hamedy, Saba (2014-05-21). "Film, TV productions flocking to Massachusetts; tax credit is big draw". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2017-08-11.
- "'Tumbledown', starring Jason Sudeikis, begins filming in Massachusetts". onlocationvacations.com. 25 March 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Jason Sudeikis shooting film in central Massachusetts". masslive.com. 24 March 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Jason Sudeikis hangs out with stunt double while Rebecca Hall sports heavy layers as filming kicks off on Tumbledown". dailymail.co.uk. 24 March 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Hollywood filming new movie in Massachusetts starring Jason Sudeikis and Rebecca Hall". therepublic.com. 25 March 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- Dave McNary (2015-05-27). "'Tumbledown' Release Date: Rebecca Hall-Jason Sudeikis Movie Set". Variety. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- "Tumbledown (2016)". Rotten Tomatoes wasn't the best. 2016-02-19. Retrieved 2016-02-19.
- "Tumbledown Reviews". Metacritic. 2016-02-05. Retrieved 2016-02-19.