The Chinese Stars
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|The Chinese Stars|
|Origin||Providence, Rhode Island, United States|
|Associated acts||Arab on Radar
Made in Mexico
V. Von Ricci
|Past members||Rick Pelletier|
The Chinese Stars is an American noise rock band from Providence, Rhode Island. The band was formed in 2003 with several of the members from Arab on Radar, which had disbanded in 2002. The band released their first album, Turbo Mattress, in 2003 through Skin Graft Records.
- Rick Pelletier
- Turbo Mattress (Skin Graft Records) – 2003
- Cheap City Halo/Girls of Las Vegas (Artrocker) – 2004
- A Rare Sensation (Three One G Records) – 2004
- TV Grows Arms/The Drowning (Kitty Play Records) – 2005
- Listen to Your Left Brain (Three One G, Skin Graft) – 2007
- Heaven on Speed Dial (Anchor Brain) - 2009
- Tomlinson, Sarah (February 21, 2004). "An energetic night of edgy beats, done playfully by the Numbers". Boston Globe. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- Saldaña, Matt (July 1, 2004). "The Chinese Stars: A Rare Sensation". Spin Magazine. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "The Chinese Stars". CMJ New Music Monthly. 2006. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- Gulla, Bob (March 4, 2004). "Post-Radar love". The Providence Phoenix. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Dusted Reviews: Turbo Mattress". Dusted Magazine. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Review: A Rare Sensation". CMJ New Music. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- Segal, Dave. "Chinese Stars' "Rabbit Face"". The Stranger. Retrieved 20 June 2013.