|Directed by||Leonid Lukov|
|Written by||Yevgeni Gabrilovich|
Lev Slavin (novel)
|Music by||Nikita Bogoslovsky Vladimir Agatov|
|6 October 1943|
Two Soldiers or Two Warriors (Russian: Два бойца, Dva boitsa) is a 1943 war film made in Tashkent (where the Soviet cinema industry had been evacuated) at the height of the Great Patriotic War. The film stars Boris Andreyev and Mark Bernes as two war buddies. The "beautiful" film was directed by Leonid Lukov.
The movie features two of Nikita Bogoslovsky's most famous songs, Dark Is the Night and Boatfuls of Mullet. Both were performed by Mark Bernes. His warm and sincere delivery of Dark Is the Night won the sympathy of millions of Soviet people, catapulting Bernes into enduring fame.
- Mark Bernes as Arkady
- Boris Andreyev as Sasha
- Vera Shershnyova as Tanya
- Yanina Zheymo as Nurse (as Ya. Zhejmo)
- Maksim Shtraukh as Professor (as M. Shtraukh)
- Ivan Kuznetsov as Galanin (as I. Kuznetsov)
- Stepan Krylov as Maj. Rudoy (as S. Krylov)
- Lavrenti Masokha as Okulita (as L. Masokha)