Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notable people bearing the Tyagi name, who may or may not be affiliated to the aforementioned communities, include:
- Yogesh Kumar Tyagi, vice-chancellor of Delhi University, Delhi
- Amelia Warren Tyagi, American management consultant
- Anil Kumar Tyagi, vice-chancellor of Indraprastha University, Delhi
- Deep Tyagi
- K. C. Tyagi, M.P.
- Mahavir Tyagi, Revenue & Expenditure Minister, M.P. & Freedom Fighter
- Major Asaram Tyagi, Vir Chakra, Maha Vir Chakra
- Man Singh Tyagi
- Ramavtar Tyagi, Hindi film songwriter
- Roopal Tyagi, television actress
- Shashindra Pal Tyagi, Air Chief Marshal
- Sudeep Tyagi, cricketer
- Kartik Tyagi, cricketer
- Harsh Tyagi, cricketer
- Haryana (India). Backward Classes Commission (1990). Report of the Backward Classes Commission, 1990, Government of Haryana. Controller of Printing and Stationery. p. 105.
- Kripa Shankar Mathur, Binod C. Agrawal, Tribe, caste, and peasantry, Ethnographic & Folk Culture Society, U. P., 1974, p. 189,
... The present Hindu and Muslim Tyagis are the descendants of a common ancestor ...
- Brij Raj Chauhan, Unesco, Rural-urban articulations, A.C. Bros., 1990, ISBN 978-81-85489-01-8,
... In Saharanpur district SC Dube described the Tyagi village where half of the population is of Muslim Tyagi and the other half of the Hindu Tyagi ...
- History of origin of some clans in India, with special reference to Jats (1992), Mangal Sen Jindal, Sarup & Sons, p. 159
- Brass, Paul R. (1965). Factional Politics in an Indian State: The Congress Party in Uttar Pradesh. University of California Press.