Grafotechna (Grafotechna n. p., Závod 5, Výroba písma, mosazných linek a matric) was a Czechoslovak type foundry, created in 1951. It ceased to exist after 1990. It was the only manufacturer of metal types in the former Czechoslovakia.
These foundry types were produced by Grafotechna:
- Brno Z (1951, Jan Rambousek)
- Ceska Unciala (1945, Oldřich Menhart)
- Drynkov (K. Drynkov)
- Empiriana (1920)
- Figural (Oldřich Menhart)
- Garamond (1959, Stanislav Marso)
- Kalab (Method Kalab)
- Kolektiv (1952, S. Duda, K. Misek, Josef Týfa)
- Manuscript (1944-50, Oldřich Menhart)
- Menhart (1938, Oldřich Menhart), originally Monotype, later Grafotechna.
- Monument (1950-52, Oldřich Menhart)
- Tyfa (1959, Josef Týfa)
- "Manuscript" font by Oldřich Menhart, 1946. Released in Czechoslovakia by Grafotechna
- Czechoslovak Typography
- History of Grafotechna (in Czech)
- Jaspert, W. Pincus, W. Turner Berry and A.F. Johnson. The Encyclopedia of Type Faces. Blandford Press Lts.: 1953, 1983, ISBN 0-7137-1347-X, p. 2408-249
- Jaspert (p.83) gives the date of 1920 for this type despite the foundry only cming into existence more than twenty years later. Perhaps this is a legacy type from one of the absorbed foundries.
|This European corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|