||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Logo of Moixa Group
|Industry||Design, Technology and Research|
Simon Daniel, CEOChris Wright, CTO
The company has recently launched the Moixa Energy brand which produces a NiMH rechargeable battery called USBCell. The batteries include a USB connector to allow recharging using a powered USB port. The USBCell AA product, launched on September 19, 2006, has been shortlisted as a finalist for a UK Design Week Award for best consumer product design of 2006.
THE USBCell is an award winning rechargeable battery powered by a USB connection to any applicable device. Launched in 2006 the USBCell has been sold in over 50 countries. It can charge to 90% in 5 hours and contains a 1.2V 1300mAh battery. It can also be charged in standard rechargeable NiMH chargers alongside standard rechargeable batteries.
Maslow is a building-based home energy storage solution that works with existing photovoltaic panels to reduce energy consumption and offset power consumption to off-peak times. Using batteries charged through PV panels or the grid at off-peak times, the power is then discharged at peak times to reduce costs. The unit can support both AC and DC networks.
Currently the Maslow is available in three configurations: 2 kWh, 3 kWh, and 4-6 kWh stackable units. The 2 and 3 kWh units are suitable for domestic use, while the 4-6 kWh stackable units are tailored for businesses and schools.
- DemoGod - Award 2006
- Design Awards 2007 Finalist
- UK National Energy Efficiency Award 2007 - USBCell
- Innovation in Engineering Awards 2007- Moixa
- PocketLint - Green Gadget of the Year 2007 - Winner
- PC Pro - Environmental Innovator of the year - Finalist
- Business XL - Company of the year awards - Finalist
- Pocket-Lint Best Green Gadget 2007 - Winner
- European Office Products Award Emerging Vendor of the Year 2008 – Moixa Energy
- Barclays Commercial 'Green Leaders in Business' 2008 - MoixaEnergy
- Observer Ethical Awards 2008 - Ethical Products finalist - USBCell
- Computerworld Honors Programme Energy and Environment Finalist 2008 – Moixa Energy
- iF Gold Product Design Award 2008 International Product Design - USBCell
- Rosenblatt New Energy Awards 2008 Entrepreneur of the Year - Simon Daniel
- European Office Product Awards 2008 - USBCell
- Kiwi Power
- Good Energy
- AVC Next Gen
- Murph, Darren (2007-10-06). "Rechargeable USB battery works in AA-ready devices". Engaget. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- "Rechargeable Battery Cells". Retrieved 2015-07-08.
- "*UK National Energy Efficiency Award".
- "Innovation in Engineering Awards".
- "PocketLint - Green Gadget of the Year 2007".
- "Pocket-Lint Best Green Gadget".
- "Barclays Commercial 'Green Leaders in Business' 2008".
- "*Observer Ethical Awards 2008".
- "Computerworld Honors Programme Energy and Environment".
- "iF Gold Product Design Award".
- "Rosenblatt New Energy Awards".
- "European Office Product Awards".
|This article about a company of the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|