Ugo Amaldi (physicist)
Ugo Amaldi; born 1934. is an Italian physicist. He is the son of the first CERN secretary general Edoardo Amaldi. Ugo Amaldi is currently a professor at University of Milan, having previously worked at Istituto Superiore di Sanità and CERN. He holds honorary doctorates from University of Lyon, University of Uppsala (1993), University of Valencia and University of Helsinki. He is a Fellow of the European Physical Society, a Distinguished Affiliated Professor at Technical University of Munich, member of the Accademia dei Lincei, and was awarded the inaugural Bruno Pontecorvo Prize by JINR. He also founded the Hadron Therapy Project at CERN in 1991.
- "Amaldi, Ugo". worldcat.org. Retrieved December 18, 2016.
- "Inspire author profil for Amaldi, Ugo, Jr".
- "Ceremony naming Ugo Amaldi doctor honoris causa". uv.es. Retrieved December 18, 2016.
- "1996: Ugo Amaldi". uni-bonn.de. Retrieved December 18, 2016.
- "CV" (PDF). cern.ch. Retrieved December 18, 2016.
- "Distinguished Professors". tum.de. Retrieved December 18, 2016.
- "Ugo Amaldi: Physics to help cure people". CERN. Retrieved 22 September 2018.