|Date of birth||6 June 1989|
|Place of birth||Gallipoli, Italy|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|2008–2009||→ Poggibonsi (loan)||34||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Cosenza (loan)||12||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ Paganese (loan)||15||(0)|
|2011||→ Barletta (loan)||12||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 July 2015.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 1 July 2015
Gabrieli joined Poggibonsi on loan in July 2008 in order to gain first team experience. That season the club also signed young keepers Gaetano Lattanzi and Valerio Mollo. Gabrieli fought off competition from his teammates to win a starting place in the team, and played all 34 league matches of the Lega Pro Seconda Divisione.
In July 2009 he joined Cosenza on loan along with Giuseppe Caccavallo. He was the understudy of Andrea Pinzan until Pinzan was exchanged with Giancarlo Petrocco. At first Gabrieli was a backup to Petrocco, but he replaced Petrocco in round 24 (21 February), and was promoted to the club's first choice keeper. Gabrieli also replaced Petrocco in round 21 (24 January).
Gabrieli left for Paganese in August 2010, rejoining Lecce team-mates Gianmarco Ingrosso and Vittorio Triarico. He was the club's first choice keeper until the arrival of Paolo Ginestra in December. In January 2011 he was signed by Barletta, as the team's first choice keeper ahead of Giuseppe Di Masi and the injured Andrea Tesoniero.
Return to Lecce
On 1 July 2011, Gabrieli returned to Lecce, wearing the number one jersey. However, he was the understudy to Júlio Sérgio and Massimiliano Benassi after Antonio Rosati was sold. He made his first start on 21 December 2011, in a 4–1 home loss to Internazionale. Before the match, coach Serse Cosmi had lost both first choice keepers and also called up the youth keeper Luigi Turbacci, who was used as a backup on the bench.
He remained with Lecce for the 2012–13 Lega Pro Prima Divisione season after the club's relegation from Serie A in 2011–12 and subsequent expulsion from the Serie B for their part in the Calcio Scommesse scandal.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2015)|
Italy U-19 side
Gabrieli was a backup goalkeeper for the Italy U-19 side in 2007 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship elite qualification, behind Edoardo Pazzagli. Gabrieli also played once, the third and last match of that stage. Coach Francesco Rocca picked two keepers born in 1989, instead of picking from the pool of players born in 1988, the age limit of that season. Gabrieli was the starting keeper in 2008 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship qualification, ahead of Vincenzo Fiorillo. However he was not selected to the elite round by Rocca, who Picked Fiorillo and Carlo Pinsoglio instead.
Italy U-20 side
Rocca was appointed as the Italy U-20 coach in 2008; he selected Gabrieli to the U-20 team at the start of 2008–09 season. However Gabrieli failed to make debut. Instead Gabrieli received call-up from Italy Lega Pro under-20 representative team but once again failed to make his debut with the side. He was only able to play for Italy U-20 "Lega Pro" team in the 2009 Lega Pro Quadrangular Tournament, which lost to the "Lega Pro Second Division Group B U-21 representative team" in the final.
- "Calcio Valdelsa - Seconda Divisione - Poggibonsi, tutti i convocati per giovedì 24 luglio ore 15.30". Valdelsa.net (in Italian). 16 July 2008. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "Caccavallo e Gabrieli al Cosenza". US Lecce (in Italian). 9 July 2009. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- "Ceduto Gabrieli". US Lecce (in Italian). 11 August 2010. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- "Gabrieli Ugo in biancorosso" [Gabrieli Ugo in "White-Red"]. SS Barletta Calcio (in Italian). 13 January 2011. Retrieved 4 April 2011.
- "Effettuata la rifinitura". US Lecce (in Italian). 20 December 2011. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
Mister Cosmi ...... e sugli infortunati Julio Sergio, Benassi, Esposito, Giandonato, Mesbah, Ofere e Bertolacci......
- "Gabrieli al Casale" (in Italian). US Lecce. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "Tesserato l'estremo difensore Ugo Gabrieli" (in Italian). A.C. Prato. 26 March 2014. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Vaccaro, Scialpi e Gabrieli: il Martina cala il tris" (in Italian). A.S. Martina Franca 1947. 25 July 2015. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- "La stagione degli Azzurrini inizia con uno stage di tre giorni a Coverciano". FIGC (in Italian). 22 August 2008. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "Per l'Under 20 stage di tre giorni a Coverciano dal 12 al 15 ottobre". FIGC (in Italian). 9 October 2008. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "RAPPRESENTATIVA NAZIONALE CROAZIA - ITALIA LEGA PRO" (PDF). Lega Pro (in Italian). 20 October 2008. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "Mirop Cup: una bella Under 20 vince in Croazia". Lega Pro (in Italian). 22 October 2008. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- "Seconda partita quadrangolare di Lega Pro". Lega Pro (in Italian). 20 January 2009. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "AL GIRONE B DI SECONDA DIVISIONE IL QUADRANGOLARE". Lega Pro (in Italian). 22 January 2009. Archived from the original on 13 July 2011. Retrieved 8 December 2011.