UNI Global Union
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2006)|
|Full name||UNI global union|
|Founded||January 1, 2000|
|Key people||Ann Selin, President
Philip J. Jennings, General Secretary
|Office location||Nyon, Switzerland|
UNI Global Union is a global union federation for skills and services, gathering national and regional trade unions. It was launched on January 1, 2000, as Union Network International. Its more than 900 affiliated unions in 140 countries have 20 million members. The head office is in Nyon, near Geneva, Switzerland.
UNI was the result of the merger of four organisations: FIET (International Federation of Employees, technicians and managers), MEI (Media and Entertainment International), IGF (International Graphical Federation) and CI (Communications International, formally PTTI).
On March 2, 2009, it changed its name, to UNI Global Union. A new logo and website were launched for the occasion.
UNI represents several sectors of work. These are:
- Post and logistics
- Industry, Business and Information Technology Services (IBITS)
- IT and white collar
- Property services (cleaning and security workers)
- Media, entertainment, arts and sports
- Social insurance and private health care
- Hair and beauty.
- Temporary Work Agency
- UNI africa Head office in Abidjan / Johannesburg
- UNI americas Head office in Montevideo
- UNI asia pacific Head office in Singapore
- UNI europa Head office in Brussels
It is a member of Global Unions.
- "Netherlands: Support striking cleaners". LabourStart.
|This article about an international organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to one or more trade or labor unions is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|