United Nations Association
The United Nations Associations are non-governmental organizations that exist in various countries to enhance the relationship between the people of member states and the United Nations to raise public awareness of the UN and its work, to promote the general goals of the UN.
Their long-term concerns comprise:
- The implementation of the Millennium Development Goals
- Peace, security and disarmament
- Human rights and humanitarian affairs
There are currently over 120 UNAs around the world. The secretariats for the World Federation of United Nations Associations are located in Geneva, Seoul, and New York.
- List of United Nations Associations
- League of Nations Union
- World citizen
- World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
|This United Nations-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This non-governmental organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|