United States House Natural Resources Subcommittee on Indian, Insular and Alaska Native Affairs
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from United States House Natural Resources Subcommittee on Indian and Alaska Native Affairs)
The United States House Natural Resources Subcommittee on Indian and Alaska Native Affairs is one of the five subcommittees within the House Natural Resources Committee
- Measures relating to the welfare of Native Americans, including management of Indian lands in general and special measures relating to claims which are paid out of Indian funds.
- All matters regarding the relations of the United States with Native Americans and Native American tribes, including special oversight functions under House Rule X.
- All matters regarding Native Alaskans.
- All matters related to the Federal trust responsibility to Native Americans and the sovereignty of Native Americans.
- General and continuing oversight and investigative authority over activities policies and programs within the jurisdiction of the Subcommittee.
- All matters regarding insular areas of the United States.
- All measures or matters regarding the Freely Associated States.
- All matters regarding Native Hawaiians.
Members, 114th Congress
- "Chairman Bishop Announces Natural Resources Committee Republican Leadership, Subcommittee Assignments for 114th Congress". Committee on Natural Resources. January 15, 2015. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- Sablan is an Independent, but caucuses with the Democrats
|This United States Congress–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|