University Oval, Adelaide
University Oval, referred to as Park 12 by the University of Adelaide, Adelaide University Sports Association and various other groups, is a part of Park 12 in the Adelaide Parklands located across the River Torrens opposite the University of Adelaide. Park 12 is bounded by North Terrace, Frome Road, Sir Edwin Smith Avenue and King William Road
University Oval comprises University Oval No 1 (capacity 100,000) and No 2 and a variety of soccer and general use fields. The up keep of University Oval is provided by the University of Adelaide as a lease arrangement from the Adelaide City Council. The lease is for:
- 3 x playing fields
- 6 x synthetic practice cricket pitches
- 3 x turf practice cricket pitches
- 3 x tennis courts
- Soccer/ Lacrosse
- Softball/ Tennis
- Cricket/ Touch football
- Australian rules football
Other non contiguous areas of Park 12 include the banks of the River Torrens between Frome Road and King William Road and the Torrens Parade Ground. The banks of the Torrens feature a variety of rowing clubs (Prince Alfred College, Adelaide University, Christian Brothers College, Adelaide High School and Torrens Rowing Club). Commercial interests occupy Jolly's Boathouse Restaurant and the storage sheds for the Popeye pleasure launches.
- Legal Framework and Land Control Details, Section 2.1, "Community Land Management Plan: Karrawirra (Park 12)", Pg 7.
- University Property Services | Parks and Grounds
- Lease Details, Section 2.1, "Community Land Management Plan: Karrawirra (Park 12)", Pg 7.
- Community Land Management Plan (CLMP): Karrawirra (Park 12), Park Lands and Sustainability Business Unit, Adelaide City Council. Adopted by Adelaide City Council on 27 November 2006. (7Mb, 131 pages)
- Adelaide University Cricket Club
- Adelaide University Football Club
- Adelaide University Touch Club
- Adelaide University Lacrosse Club
- Adelaide University Soccer Club
|This article about a place in Adelaide is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|